Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Board Rules.

dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    That's simple, just don't eat it.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I'm confused. Is communist cooking that bad?

*doggy368: Where's this forum you say you're a mod on? I can only find a QPR notice board and I'm sure that's not what you were going on about.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    www.qpr.co.uk
    (Enter Official site, not World)

It's in the Interact section on the left.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I think the most major thing on this board is some mods and admin do not have the temperament nor logical thinking that is tantamount to running a smooth board.

If a member is making funky posts in the wrong section and ignoring rules, PM them.
    If it persists after said member has read the PM, moderate him.
    If it persists further ban him.

Simple eh?

There would be no complaint posts for they have received a PM.
    If there is then the member has no leg to stand on.

Back folks into a corner with logic.
    Some mods are thinking, "Well I felt that the memb....."
    Don't feel a damn thing!!! Stick to the damn logic and everything else falls into place.

Peerzy has been annoying sometimes but I wonder if certain steps were taken would he even have a leg to stand on. When the team ignores PM's or better yet never sends them then what kind of board is being run?
    Stuff like this should be able to be resolved quickly but alas it drags on because it's not addressed unless it's with a banning or moderation.

In these cases other members see it and it becomes a domino effect of dissatisfaction.

A man sits in a chair that he's not supposed to sit in. An officer asks him to sit in another seat. The man doesn't move. The officer proceeds to pull him out of the seat and crack the man in head. Everyone see it and a riot ensues.

This happened before, only in some cases the officer doesn't ask a damn thing.

I know these things to be true for I was banned for being "unhelpful" and didn't even know it. I also remember a thread of mine being closed because the title said "STFU!!! and GTFO!!!" with no PM (apparently the closer didn't read it either).

If you can't bother then why be a mod unless it's for some weird internet ego boost.

Intelligent posts don't make a good mod. Good, logical decisions make a good mod.

Stay logical or GTFO.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    You make some good points as ever busyman,

even if you are...as usual, a little indignant in your style of post.

I will endeavour not to illogically crack anyone's virtual head in, in an attempt to further boost my already inflated Internet ego.

I trust you will endeavour to do likewise

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    BIG apology to Smurfette.

I'm very sorry, I just skimmed through this thread and thought it was members just having a moan at the Mods, I've read it again "properly"(will do in future) and realise that this isn't the case, quite a few of you have very valid reservations about these "new rules".

I think this bit by Busyman hits the nail on the head;

"I think the most major thing on this board is some mods and admin do not have the temperament nor logical thinking that is tantamount to running a smooth board.

If a member is making funky posts in the wrong section and ignoring rules, PM them.

Simple eh?

Don't feel a damn thing!!! Stick to the damn logic and everything else falls into place."
    .........................................................................................................
    IMHO, the title of this thread should have been "We are reviewing the rules, suggestions please".

Mods are there to make the board run smoothly(not give grief to people you don't like(I've been tempted on my site! lol)), if you can't be bothered to stick to the rules then don't do the job, because you hinder NOT help the good Mods.

My suggestion to the Mods and Admin is, discuss this first(with the members), open a new section for it if needs be, don't just slap a set of rules into place, you'll end up with anarchy!!!

Smurfette, sorry again, hope you can forgive me.

ps, this post wasn't a dig at the Mods, you guys and gals have a hard job, I take my hat off to the ones that do it for the right reason.
    Last edited by dodgy368; 10-28-2004 at 09:24 PM.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    You make some good points as ever busyman,

even if you are...as usual, a little indignant in your style of post.

I will endeavour not to illogically crack anyone's virtual head in, in an attempt to further boost my already inflated Internet ego.

I trust you will endeavour to do likewise
    Imagine me modding....no one would ever see my indignity again.

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368
    BIG apology to Smurfette.

I'm very sorry, I just skimmed through this thread and thought it was members just having a moan at the Mods, I've read it again "properly"(will do in future) and realise that this isn't the case, quite a few of you have very valid reservations about these "new rules".

I think this bit by Busyman hits the nail on the head;

"I think the most major thing on this board is some mods and admin do not have the temperament nor logical thinking that is tantamount to running a smooth board.

Simple eh?

Don't feel a damn thing!!! Stick to the damn logic and everything else falls into place."
    .........................................................................................................
    IMHO, the title of this thread should have been "We are reviewing the rules, suggestions please".

Mods are there to make the board run smoothly(not give grief to people you don't like(I've been tempted on my site! lol)), if you can't be bothered to stick to the rules then don't do the job, because you hinder NOT help the good Mods.

My suggestion to the Mods and Admin is, discuss this first, open a new section for it if needs be, don't just slap a set of rules into place, you'll end up with anarchy!!!

Smurfette, sorry again, hope you can forgive me.

ps, this post wasn't a dig at the Mods, you guys and gals have a hard job, I take my hat off to the ones that do it for the right reason.
    Actually the basic rules have here (and should be) for awhile but I get what you are saying.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Could we not have a section visible only to those that are banned/moderated and Admin/Mods. Where both sides could communicate and all the Admin/Mods could actually see those communications. From where I am viewing there is too much of 'you did not pm', 'you did not say that' etc. When the ban is conclusive then that member would be banned from this section too.

This would also give the members concerned a chance to air their views and receive the views of the Moderating team.

Just a thought.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Imagine me modding....no one would ever see my indignity again.

I was hoping you would endeavour to practice what you preach when it comes to reasoned logical thought......

a mod I didn't know....no really....I didn't

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast