Thread: Watching TV From Computer

Can Anyone tell me can you send send a picture and audio to your tv from your computer if you have a PCI Tuner card, and if so what do I need that is not expensive.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    you need tv out on your VIDEO CARD. such as svideo or rca\composite out.
    for sound you need a 3.5mm-to-rca adaptor to plug from the line out on your sound card into your tv's sound inputs.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Roscco, I think somethings wrong there, If he just wants to watch tv on the computer like the topic title said and he has a pc tuner card, all he needs is 2 coax cables and a splitter, slplit the coax cable going into the cable box (the cable in one), put the splitter there, and then one coax into the cable in, and one into the pc tuner and you can watch tv. I think thats what he wants to know anyways.

--Duffers

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I figured he meant to see the computer screen on the tv, and reading it again i think i was right.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    bastard =p

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6

Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman3
    Roscco, I think somethings wrong there, If he just wants to watch tv on the computer like the topic title said and he has a pc tuner card, all he needs is 2 coax cables and a splitter, slplit the coax cable going into the cable box (the cable in one), put the splitter there, and then one coax into the cable in, and one into the pc tuner and you can watch tv. I think thats what he wants to know anyways.

--Duffers
    What I meant was wathing sky tv on computer then running it on my 54inc tv,hope that explains

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by golf4me
    What I meant was wathing sky tv on computer then running it on my 54inc tv,hope that explains
    not really. Do you want the computer to change the cannels and you just see it on your tv, or you want to watch it on the computer, or the tv (as in you have the choise of either one)?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    I figured he meant to see the computer screen on the tv, and reading it again i think i was right.
    PC-to-TV Display unit VDE012 $ 249.00
    This external unit allows you to transfer your PC\'s video output to a big-screen TV with ease and great results. No drivers are required - just hook it up and the PC-TV Display Unit is perfect for the following applications: Presentations Multimedia presentaions or demonstrations can now be viewed on the big-screen. Simply put, whatever you are doing on your PC can now be seen on a big-screen TV, allowing for impressive demonstrations and is perfect as a teaching aid. DVD DVD movies on your PC are great, but watching them on a monitor doesn\'t produce the best possible effect. With the aid of a Dynalink PC-TV display unit, you can now watch DVD movies on a big-screen TV. GAMING Play Counter-Strike on a 33-inch TV. Great for those multiplayer sessions. Features * IBM compatible PC supports 720x400 70Hz text mode, 640x480 60/72/75/85Hz, 800x600 60Hz, and 1024x768 60Hz graphic mode. * 640x480/800x600 supports underscan/overscan,1024x768 supports overscan only. * Offers brightness, pan, position and sharpness adjustment. * Plug & play no driver or software need. * 5 lines anti-flicker to reduce the flicker due to interlaced display of high contrast lines. * Supports up to 16.7M true color. * NTSC or PAL composite video and S-video output. * On-Screen-Display (OSD) easy use function. Specifications * Input signal: Standard VGA signal * Output: Composite video, S-video, VGA bypass * Power: 5VDC 500mA power adapter Dimensions (WxDxH) 5.8\"x 4.7\"x 1.3\"/14.7x 12x 3.3 cm System Requirements * 386 or higher compatible PC with VGA graphics card. * 28\" (68cm) or above TV set recommended with AV or S-video input connectors.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    this is what I meant..