Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flip Top and swap magic

i know modchips are more reliable than flip top but to what degree? i dont want my flip top to break on me after a few monthes.

also can someone give me a few updated and reliable sites to buy the flip top and swap magic?

2. Games   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I have had my flip top for 7 months now, and there hasnt been a problem. There's really no differnce from swap magic and a modchip. Modchip is harder to install, but you dont have to swap to play games. Fliptop, a monkey can install it, but you have to swap each time you want to play a game.

I bought mine at consolesource.com

3. Games   -   #3
    the flip lid is not flimsy. breaking the lid is not the problem to watch out for. it's that not all games are swap magic compatible, while nearly all games will be compatible with a current-generation mod chip. when there are incompatible games, chances are that there will soon by a BIOS update available for the chip which fixes that.

you can look at swapmagicfix.com to see which games are incompatible with swap magic. that is by no means a complete list (japanese-only games generally will not be listed), but it does include most of the major ones that have problems with swap magic.

4. Games   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    the flip lid is not flimsy. breaking the lid is not the problem to watch out for. it's that not all games are swap magic compatible, while nearly all games will be compatible with a current-generation mod chip. when there are incompatible games, chances are that there will soon by a BIOS update available for the chip which fixes that.

you can look at swapmagicfix.com to see which games are incompatible with swap magic. that is by no means a complete list (japanese-only games generally will not be listed), but it does include most of the major ones that have problems with swap magic.
    The old swap magic 2.0 had the problem of not loading games. I have the new ones, swap magic 3.3, and 100% of the games i have loaded. I have about 54 ps2 games.

5. Games   -   #5
    yes...learning quite a lot

The old swap magic 2.0 had the problem of not loading games. I have the new ones, swap magic 3.3, and 100% of the games i have loaded. I have about 54 ps2 games.
    but have you tried the games that are listed incompatible on the swap magic 3.3

any tutorials on installing a flip top?
    Last edited by AzNsMaRtGuY333; 01-22-2005 at 12:39 AM.

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AzNsMaRtGuY333
    yes...learning quite a lot

but have you tried the games that are listed incompatible on the swap magic 3.3

any tutorials on installing a flip top?
    Wheres the list, the only list i seen is for 2.0.

You dont need tut, all you do it unscrew the top, replace it and thats it. Make sure to take the lid off slowly. Depending on what version there will be the stript to the power and reset.

7. Games   -   #7
    i have found this site
    http://www.chipzone.com/installation...ptop/page1.cfm
    steps 8 to 12 are the steps that contradict what you said about just replacing the top

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AzNsMaRtGuY333
    i have found this site
    http://www.chipzone.com/installation...ptop/page1.cfm
    steps 8 to 12 are the steps that contradict what you said about just replacing the top
    Sorry that is something i did without thinking about it. When i installed it, i ddint need instructions, i just did it.

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith
    oh, cool. if that's true, then nevermind what i said.

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    oh, cool. if that's true, then nevermind what i said.
    Yeah swapmagicfix.com is for swap magic 2.0.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast