Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Problem with burning XP Slipstreamed

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyboy
    Unbelievably, I seem to have managed to get the image mounted with Alcohol 120. Certainly comes up with the Windows install window anyway, so hopefully it will work. Is there anyway of really testing it to see if it will install ok before I go any further?
    Funny ,I know what you mean Kenny . I thought the same thing with the slip streaming program I used . So i tryed to boot from cd-rom , all seemed fine .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    You could always try to overburn.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    THere's not really any way to test it. (that i know of).

I'd just go for it.
    Oh before your format make sure the cd is bootable (restart with it in the drive and see if it says "press any key to boot from cd..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Ok. Many many thanks for all the help and advice from people here.
    Am going to spend the day backing everything up, and hopefully install tomorrow. Only thing I am concerned about now is whether the key that I have will allow me to use Windows update, but I will come back and report on that later.
    A lot of people seem to want the Windows Corp from me now on Emule, so I hope it is ok for them!
    Great to know there are so many people here willing to help when I need it.
    Thanks again to all. Have learnt a lot.
    Regards

Kenny

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @kenny if you have a Xp corp version you should be fine. As long as it doesn't start with fckgw......... Check your PM I sent a key changer link.

Edit: If you have trouble , follow this .

Quote : So, install Windows, update the key, then run Windows Update, in that order.
    Last edited by peat moss; 11-02-2004 at 01:17 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Just a final word here.
    At last have Corporate installed and it seems ok. Had a slight problem because the bin that I downloaded reported a missing file. (*.dll) As I had no idea how to deal with it, I used a Corp (iso) that I downloaded at the same time, and this seems ok.
    Used Peats link for a Key Changer...held my breath when using Windows Update, and......it worked.

Really grateful to all who helped, and feel I have gained a little more knowledge myself. Long way to go, so will be a lot more questions in the future I expect.
    Just wanted all here to know how much I appreciate the help, even if it is frustrating for them to help such a slow learner.
    With Thanks

Kenny

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234