Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with burning XP Slipstreamed

Yes sorry. I am struggling to understand it all so would ask you to bear with me if you can. Still trying to learn you see.
    Just thought I had Win xp on disk, and that was what I needed, and could slipstream from that.
    Anyway, am downloading a corporate edition now, and will come back for more help when finished.
    Thanks to all.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    No problem. Learning is admirable. Glad to help.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyboy
    XP slipstreamed
    Slipstreamed? You got your copy from Rommie?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Ok Next problem. Have downloaded this:-

ed2k://|file|Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.Corporate.incl.SP2-FTFiSO[Filesharingtalk.com].bin|654401536|a5261aa819664f64aa4b737b8912c779|/

and this:-
    ed2k://|file|Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.Corporate.incl.SP2-FTFiSO[Filesharingtalk.com].cue|129|ae153cf3e882074522b3db49a001442f|/

Put them in the same folder on the desktop, and asked Nero to burn the image by pointing it at the cue file.
    Nero says "unable to open the bin file. An error occurred while loading the cue sheet file"
    Does this mean that after all that downloading which is pretty slow here, it is somehow corrupted?
    Any help really appreciated

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    No problem. Learning is admirable. Glad to help.

Yes, it's it so much fun to help someone , eager to learn . Funny thing two weeks from now ,kennyboy Will be an expert on this subject!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Ok Next problem. Have downloaded this:-

ed2k://|file|Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.Corporate.incl.SP2-FTFiSO[Filesharingtalk.com].bin|654401536|a5261aa819664f64aa4b737b8912c779|/

and this:-
    ed2k://|file|Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.Corporate.incl.SP2-FTFiSO[Filesharingtalk.com].cue|129|ae153cf3e882074522b3db49a001442f|/

Put them in the same folder on the desktop, and asked Nero to burn the image by pointing it at the cue file.
    Nero says "unable to open the bin file. An error occurred while loading the cue sheet file"
    Does this mean that after all that downloading which is pretty slow here, it is somehow corrupted?
    Any help really appreciated
    search again and you should find that emule also has a .cue file with the same name as the .bin file. download it then put it in the same folder as the bin file, and open it with nero and it should work.
    btw, the cue file is only 1kb or so...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Yes, it's it so much fun to help someone , eager to learn . Funny thing two weeks from now ,kennyboy Will be an expert on this subject!
    Haha. Peat, don't think I will ever be expert in anything, but I sure as hell love to try to learn. Maybe just a bit slow on the uptake.

Rossco, am I missing something here? When I look at the cue and bin files they seem to have the same name to me.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Haha. Peat, don't think I will ever be expert in anything, but I sure as hell love to try to learn. Maybe just a bit slow on the uptake.

Rossco, am I missing something here? When I look at the cue and bin files they seem to have the same name to me.
    ah, i see, didn't notice that those ed2k links were cue and bin.

Try downloading Alcohol 120% and using that to burn the image. You can also use it to mount the image to test it before burning (although there's not much to test since you can't isntall windows with it mounted)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    ok. It burned with Alcohol ok with no reported errors.

Can you go through how to test it to see if it works before I try to install please.
    Last edited by kennyboy; 10-30-2004 at 08:50 AM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Unbelievably, I seem to have managed to get the image mounted with Alcohol 120. Certainly comes up with the Windows install window anyway, so hopefully it will work. Is there anyway of really testing it to see if it will install ok before I go any further?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast