Thread: to all US citizens

Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    you've got an important disicion to make the next couple of days, one that will not only effect your country, but the whole world......

i cannot tell you what to vote, that is your choice, and a hard one........ im just giving my two cents........ i respect everyone's opion, and im will to discuss anything i say here with whoever want to, as long as it happens in a mature fashion, no flaming here.........

first of all id like to say that i normally vote right wing in my country (though i have voted center for the european elections)
    now for my opion, wel questiony sorta thing:

will spending alot of money on defense a good way to stop terrorism? to stop people who will stop at nothing to harm the US? has the riaa stopped us from downloading?

is complaining a plan? just saying whats wrong isnt doing something about it............. knowing a problem isnt solving it, but it is a step.......

raised taxes....... that must sucks (though they'll only be for the rich)........ on the other hand, if i will make sure you or your neighbour doesnt have to die cause of lack of healthcare, maybe thats worth it............ and how much did YOU get out of the lowered taxes that came from bush?

one thing i can say......... both these people are lousy christians......

preventive killing is still killing, and the bible tells to not kill, not even to save your own life...... although that prolly is something very few people will abide by.......

and about kerry's views of homosexuality, though he's not sinning himself, his views dont exactly corospond with the bible...... bush is right about that..... but IMHO he cannot in any way say he is a better christian.......

i understand that bush is more "american dream" than kerry..... but both campaigns are politics....... they dont talk about the stuff that really matters, what they will do as president....... all they talk about is iraq, taxes and economy........

im not pro kerry...... i do however think that he would make a better president than bush...... lets leave political views aside, if the USA was a company, and you had to hire one of them, which would it be?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    kerry, cause on the Bush resume, all of his failed business ventures would stick out like a sore thumb. I'd also figure Bush was too interested in vacation time...at the ranch.
    Bush...the American Dream?,,,more like a nightmare
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    raised taxes....... that must sucks (though they'll only be for the rich)........ on the other hand, if i will make sure you or your neighbour doesnt have to die cause of lack of healthcare, maybe thats worth it............ and how much did YOU get out of the lowered taxes that came from bush?
    I am still paying the same amount of tax as I was before Bush.

one thing i can say......... both these people are lousy christians......
    Should never come into play. This isn't a church election.

preventive killing is still killing, and the bible tells to not kill, not even to save your own life...... although that prolly is something very few people will abide by.......
    Once again, the bible souldn't come into play unless you bring in the quaran and all the other holy texts.

and about kerry's views of homosexuality, though he's not sinning himself, his views dont exactly corospond with the bible...... bush is right about that..... but IMHO he cannot in any way say he is a better christian.......
    Can we get away from the religion thing? We are not voting for the friggin' pope.

...... lets leave political views aside
    Seeing as this is politics, you kinda need to have a view, or you shouldn't be in the game.

BTW, Bush and Kerry are only two of the candidates, what do you feel about the other 8 or 9 candidates? And trust me, there are some interesting characters in that crew.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Great Post Storm

yes the world is watching

i think that if the outcome is right you will hear a big sigh of relief around the world

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Just to point out storm, your "right" in Europe would be perhaps left of centre here.

I will also agree with comic that religion shouldn't come into it, but it's a fact that many will vote purely on religious issues. I said before I long for the day when a candidate can openly say he/she doesn't believe in God and can get elected.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Peddler
    I am still paying the same amount of tax as I was before Bush.
    you got alot outta those cuts

Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Peddler
    Should never come into play. This isn't a church election.

Once again, the bible souldn't come into play unless you bring in the quaran and all the other holy texts.

Can we get away from the religion thing? We are not voting for the friggin' pope.
    you're right, but did you follow any of the election??? the debates where all about that (i can remember someone commenting on the final debate "while none of the candidates could tell how to solve the defict, both made wholeharted referances to their religion)

BTW, Bush and Kerry are only two of the candidates, what do you feel about the other 8 or 9 candidates? And trust me, there are some interesting characters in that crew.
    thats the trouble with modern politics...... 2 major partys dont balance eachother out, and the smaller parties are to small to really do anything, just cause they dont have the $$$, even though they often would make way better leaders

EDIT: i agree with you VIDCC, and either that, or be female, black or whatever, as long as its not white, male and rich

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Just to point out storm, your "right" in Europe would be perhaps left of centre here.

I will also agree with comic that religion shouldn't come into it, but it's a fact that many will vote purely on religious issues. I said before I long for the day when a candidate can openly say he/she doesn't believe in God and can get elected.
    I'm so sick of hearing the religious banter from candidates. Everytime they start with that BS, well..it's hard to listen to the rest. Yup..an atheist..that would be interesting.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I echo Storm's sentiment, but I wouldn't have mentioned religeon. I wouldn't care if the president elect worshiped the Great Cheese so long as his policies were sound.

I believe the world as a whole wants a change, as I do, but of course this is irrelevant. American people, do your thing!
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    you're right, but did you follow any of the election??? the debates where all about that (i can remember someone commenting on the final debate "while none of the candidates could tell how to solve the defict, both made wholeharted referances to their religion)
    Yes I have followed rather closely. I also recognize ""skirting" the issues. I also am able to differentiate the chaff from the wheat.

And about the other candidates, I am amazed that a CONVICTED murderer is able to get onto the ballot.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    the whole talk about religion in politics is a bad thing.......... church and state are separated for a reason, but that is slowly becoming undone.....

im sorry my point wasnt clear, i wanted to show that religion shouldnt matter in the election, and in this case CANNOT matter....... btw ruthie: cool sig...... i do believe in the Lord myself, but i am ashamed to say your sig is very true......

@ comic peddler: now that is shocking....... well maybe not, it would be shocking if he was elected though

EDIT: i would really like to hear some pro-Bush people speak their mind
    Last edited by Storm; 10-28-2004 at 02:08 PM.