Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [FOOTBALL] Chelsea to sack Mutu

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Go Chelsea

They are making a huge moral stance by sacking Adrian Mutu, who they paid £15.8million for in the summer, for being a cocaine addict.

All this time I thought it was just a random drug test he failed but its actually now been revelaed Chelsea ordered it as they had suspicions about him. They proved right as he has admitted to being a cocaine addict since the start of the year and even played matches while on it.

Really suprised they are sacking him though, I guess they think that sending out this message is more important than the money they are losing. After all they still have to pay his £60,000 a week wages for an as yet undisclosed period of weeks.
    Last edited by DanB; 10-29-2004 at 11:44 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Well done indeed

They also sacked Bosnich for a the same thing a few years ago so the news isn't unexpected. It was important to send this message out that drugs will not be tolerated in football, I'm glad he was caught because he always struck me as a whinging primadonna type. He didn't care about Chelsea or their good name or even if they did well. He was only bothered about his 70 grand paycheck at the end of the week.

Playing football while on cocaine would be an experience tho'

Edit: Oh, 60k was it? My figure was just off the top of my head
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Im pretty sure if he breaks their contract they dont have to pay him anything.

I just hope they dont go through the rest of the chelsea players otherwise we wont have much of a team left by the end of the season.

bit of a waste of £15 million though.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    The tackles would be flying in

Seriously though, he will be gutted because he was expecting Chelsea to stand by him during his rehab

4play, I just read it in the paper, it was part of an agreement between the FA and PFA

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    It was when he tried to snort the entire right-hand sideline that first made Chelski suspicious.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    It was when he tried to snort the entire right-hand sideline that first made Chelski suspicious.

i hope in the next Chelsea match we'll get to see someone recreating that Robbie Fowler celebration
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    I say two bad judgement calls by Chelsea.

Maybe even more.

And think about it, with such a salary doing coke is probably the only way to

really use that amount of money and immediately feel the impact of your

investment.....

Throw in some expensive callgirls and a nice suite; there you go!

What Adrian needs is guidance!

To better cover up his hobbys and use it more to the club's advantage....

I mean, what do you epect by paying people those amounts of money???

I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Roman Abramovich likes sniffin' the snow himself.

Taking a stance????...

True hypocracy, that is what i think.

Yogi

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    By paying them that amount of money you expect them to dedicate their lives to being professional footballers. Above all else, maybe even family. Their career lasts for 15 years so there is plenty of time for cocaine after they retire.

To condone drug use in football players is tantamount to saying to kids that they can still become excellent football players even if they're drug addicts - which is 100% untrue.

So what if Roman Abrahmovich takes cocaine. So what if I did. It's hypothetical but we're both responsible adults who should keep such habits private and not be influencing younger, more impressionable folk by advocating this practice. There is nothing desirable or praiseworthy about taking cocaise, it is pure hedonism at a cost.

Adrian Mutu is paid to keep to the terms of his contract, he broke those terms so he is sacked. Why should he get more leeway than any other employee in other industries.

With his vast fortune Adrian Mutu has access to all the guidance he needs. He fucked up - let him sort himself out.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Sorry, Manker, you seem to have a hard time following me.....

To better cover up his hobbys and use it more to the club's advantage....
    You thought i meant that????

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi
    True hypocracy.
    Yogi
    I wont be able to have my siesta this afternoon thinking about that one, Yogi.

Or was that a case of not a Freudian slip but just a Fre slip, or are you wearing that at the moment?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast