Thread: Help

Recently all my file sharing programs have gone super slow.Its not my internet as if I download say a song from a website its the same speed as always.Over all my internet speed is good for dial up.But its just the peer to peer downloads tha barely work now.Any ideas?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    it could be any number of things, firewall settings, SP2 issues, trying to download from sources that are blocked or have a full queue, ISP blocking, Solar flares, ect., ect.

whats different since you downloaded fast?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Nothings different..have no firewall..nothing is different..for years it worked now all of a sudden the last few weeks...crawl speed no matter what program I use

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    try this video and see what speeds you get, if you get good speeds, maybe your "normal" files are just rare with few open slots

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thanks for trying to help but i dont think you understand what im saying...ive been downloading songs for years..dial up..and reasonable speed for dial up..4 kps to 6..consistent...now all peer to peer is just a crawl speed..not matter who i use or song i look for..but if i go to a website..say gratedead live and download music from there ..i still get my usual download speed..its just the peer to peer that has changed badly

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    so what speeds did you get, over p2p, for that video?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by glennagain99
    thanks for trying to help but i dont think you understand what im saying...ive been downloading songs for years..dial up..and reasonable speed for dial up..4 kps to 6..consistent...now all peer to peer is just a crawl speed..not matter who i use or song i look for..but if i go to a website..say gratedead live and download music from there ..i still get my usual download speed..its just the peer to peer that has changed badly
    What the other guy is saying is that, you might be downloading rarer files with less users. P2P filesharing works where you download the same file from multiple people, increasing your speed. If you download from only a couple people, your speeds are going to decrease. And internet isnt the same all the time, i have cable and sometimes it will go 600kb/s, and then two seconds later it will be 30k/s, or even 2kb/s. Internet is an unpredictable mofo.