Thread: help cant install ethernet card!!

Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    well i got the 10/100M PCI Fast Ethernet VIA VT6105 and i cant install the driver. my floppy drive doesen't work on my other comp so i cant install the driver from the floppy disk. so i tried downloading the driver but then it doesen't seem to work. it says "cannot find proper nic click ok to exit program" and i cant seem to install the driver

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Go to device manager (right click my comp>manage>device manager) and find the network card on the list (it will probably have a ! or a ? next to it) then right click and go to update driver. Point to the INF file in the driver you downloaded and it SHOULD install.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Drivers are such a pain in the ass! When you get the right one , BACK IT up ! Put them on a cd 'or floppy and rest assured . That way if you have to format your safe.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Drivers are such a pain in the ass! When you get the right one , BACK IT up ! Put them on a cd 'or floppy and rest assured . That way if you have to format your safe.
    Yep I agree! Especially for cheap motherboards like my ECS.

Better yet use Norton Ghost 2003 to make an image of your hard drive after you've fine tuned all of your settings. Then when a problem comes up, or you're bored, you can restore the partition image and get your perfect settings back.