Thread: A Codec (media Player) For Work

Hi,

any one know a media player that can play divx or xvid on a win 2000 pro computer as i can not install the divx or xvid codec or the kazaa codec pack as i dont have admin password? ? i used to watch films at work but since the upgrade i can not any ideas??? eg .exe player with codec already installed any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by deadpool2e@27 March 2003 - 15:02
    Hi,

any one know a media player that can play divx or xvid on a win 2000 pro computer as i can not install the divx or xvid codec or the kazaa codec pack as i dont have admin password? ? i used to watch films at work but since the upgrade i can not any ideas??? eg .exe player with codec already installed any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    I have the same issues now, however because I had all of the stuff in a folder that was transffered from an old 98 system to the new 2000 system I was able to simply reinstall, without admin rights. I did however have issues with a few exe's, that was fixed with a friendly help me to a young IS person, he was nice enough to install a few things for me and then set it back to admin only. I have since been able to install codecs however, SLD and K-Lite codec packs installed with only my users rights, not sure why, but they did. Some of this issue was overcome becuase I share folders with people who have admin rights, so I can have them copy stuff to their shared folders and then I can usually install them on my system. I hope you get help, you may want ot have a MOD move this string to the movieworld or software world for more exposure with the right kind of people.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    jetje's Avatar former star
    I moved it in here SD, caus i was thinking the admin rights would be a bigger problem as the codec??
    But i can follow why you think of movieworld.. Maybe someone knows a player???
    Well just see if someone has any other good solutions?!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    thanks for moving it here, hope full i will get some help?
    after all who wants to work when you can watch movies in company time?? lol

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Forum Star
    VideoLAN wil do the trick.

http://www.videolan.org

Download the zipped one.