Thread: Movie screenshot taker

Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    How come when I press Print Screen while watching a movie, then paste + save it in Paint, it does not take the screen shot. Is there a program to take a screen shot while watching a movie?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I know that with nvdvd (nvidia media player) you can click a button that takes a screenshot but im not sure of any programs that take screenshots of video.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    It is a copyright protection thing. Use a program such as VirtualDub, which is free, to look at each frame of a video file. With this you can take screenshots of whatever frame you want. Or you could upload the file into flash, and export it as a gif.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Alright, thanks, downloading VirtualDub

Ugh, I have to convert the file, since it will not with with Real Media files... now to look for a converter program
    Last edited by Hunted; 10-31-2004 at 12:13 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Yeah, I know double posting, but... I found a program that can take screenshots for alot of video files. I found it while I was searching for a program to convert from rmvb to another file type, but the program I found allowed me to take a screenshot. The name of the program is EO Video, here is a guide for it: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=212204

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BSPlayer > Press P

edit: Then look in your BSPlayer directory (usually C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\bsplayer)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunted
    How come when I press Print Screen while watching a movie, then paste + save it in Paint, it does not take the screen shot. Is there a program to take a screen shot while watching a movie?

media player classic can take movie screen shots , i go to ->File -> Save Image

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi
    BSPlayer > Press P

edit: Then look in your BSPlayer directory (usually C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\bsplayer)
    Thats been the easiest Ive used also...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi
    BSPlayer > Press P

Thanks for the tip.