Thread: Serial ?

Hi,
    This is sort of filesharing.

If I legally download a software trial from the software site and then I Guess the serial number and activate the software, have I violated any copywrite laws or any other laws ?

Also If I was given, downloaded (Kazaa etc.) or downloaded from a crack web site, the serial, can this be proved or (Apply first question) presuming I dont try to double register the software?

Any ideas on this one ?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by the_painter
    If I legally download a software trial from the software site and then I Guess the serial number and activate the software, have I violated any copywrite laws or any other laws ?
    Yes, you are "lent" the program for testing purposes during a limited amount of time. Using it after the trial period is over is in violation of the copyright.

Also If I was given, downloaded (Kazaa etc.) or downloaded from a crack web site, the serial, can this be proved or (Apply first question) presuming I dont try to double register the software?
    If you prevent the program accessing the internet (with your firewall) and do not try to register or update it, then there is no way they could know you're using past the above-mentionned trial period.