Thread: Reinstalling Xp

IF I have got to reinstall windows xp what the best way of doing it. I dont what to have to clean my hard drive completely and then reformat my drive. Is there a program out there that will remake reinstalling windows xp a snap.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Just startup your PC with a bootable Windows XP and reinstall it. You will have the option to reformat or not.

I still will recommend that you backup any data you want and do a format to do a clean install.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@27 March 2003 - 23:07
    Just startup your PC with a bootable Windows XP and reinstall it. You will have the option to reformat or not.

I still will recommend that you backup any data you want and do a format to do a clean install.
    A clean install of XP is the best way to go about it, upgrading etc has a good chance of giving you trouble.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Is there a good program out there to erase and format my harddrive.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yes, Windows XP.

As I said above, you will have that opiton. Just bootup the CD of Windows XP and just before the installation you will be given the option to reformat. Just do so and your drive will be formatted (erased) and the installation will proceed right afterwards.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I would sugest to create a new data partition with part magic 8 or anything else ... then do a clean install on you c drive

basicly

| C:WINDOW | Z: DATA
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
    Format C: but data stay on Z:

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Pho3niX@27 March 2003 - 19:40
    I would sugest to create a new data partition with part magic 8 or anything else ... then do a clean install on you c drive

basicly

| C:WINDOW | Z: DATA
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
    Format C: but data stay on Z:
    You can do this too with the Windows XP CD if you want more than one partition.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I will try it . Will let you know how it comes out. THanks for all your help guys.