Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to BT and I sorta understand it but...

I just downloaded BitTorrent and I sorta understand it and whatever but I went to download 2 things for the 1st time on Suprnova.org and all I got was connecting to peers or whatever and it was like that for a while and just now I looked at the taskbar and it was closed, so i went to the directory I told it to save in and it was all there, it was an album. But all the Mp3 are all 0 bytes big and obviously can't play so whats happened?? Is there some sort of process I have to do in order to get it to work?

Help would be appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I was just reading thru a few of hose topics but I couldn't find an answer to my question. Could a mod move this topic to that forum perhaps but cos it may be more likely to be answered over there.

Thanks anyway

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    muchspl2

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    If theyre 0 bytes Ide guess they never dl since the files are craeted at 0 and then fill in although some bt apps allocate the entire space first if I remember correctly...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ok,

I read thru some of those FAQ that were applicable to me but then none of them really helped a lot so i think I might just try downloading something again.

Right now I'm downloading an Eminem song, (not that Im a big fan it was just one of the newly added files in music for suprnova.org) it seems to be working... almost done... and yes it worked, ah problem solved it would seem!

just one little thing, about what number of sources would be considered reasonable on bittorrent and I heard someone talking about 150kb/s speeds using bittorrent is this achieveable on a 256kb/s ADSL modem or are they on like the modem NASA might use..?

thanks

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by _mattyboy_
    ok,

I read thru some of those FAQ that were applicable to me but then none of them really helped a lot so i think I might just try downloading something again.

Right now I'm downloading an Eminem song, (not that Im a big fan it was just one of the newly added files in music for suprnova.org) it seems to be working... almost done... and yes it worked, ah problem solved it would seem!

just one little thing, about what number of sources would be considered reasonable on bittorrent and I heard someone talking about 150kb/s speeds using bittorrent is this achieveable on a 256kb/s ADSL modem or are they on like the modem NASA might use..?

thanks
    NASA ?? I *think* that you should be able to get 150 kb/s on an ADSL line, depends on which part of the cachement area you are (with your ISP). With Cable, it's really easy to get 200+. But it also largely depends on who the seeders are and what their connections are for uploading (who they are as in are they bastards that decide that uploading at 13kb/s on their almighty T1 line ). Other than that, you should do fine.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    what are some good BT sites? cos so far I've only really looked around on suprnova.

This BT is good shit, I'm downloading whole albums, good.

But what would you rate as a good amount of seeds? like 10 or like 100?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Well http://www.torrentbits.org/ is very popular.
    As for seeds you kinda get what you get, just depends...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ah ok, is there usually good seeds and leeches for movies comprared to albums? cos I'm downloading a Neil Young Greatest Hits and Prodigy album (interesting contrast) and at the rate they are going I may aswell be on dial up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast