Thread: Emule Problem With Id

I am having a problem with Emule Plus, whenever I go on, it says it can't reack port 4662 and that I have a LOWID. I know it has something to with either firewalls or routers, yet I have neither, as far as I know, although the computer I use does use an interent connection from another one, it uses a USB hub, not a router. What do I do to fix this?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    I'm not sure how you would set up ICS (i never used it) to allow for port 4662 forwarding for emule plus, but the ICS is whats stopping your port 4662 from being reached and is resulting in you getting a lowid

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    If your using windows XP, it might be the built in firewall that comes with it, try disabling this and see what happens, and you should realy get a good firewall, the amount of attacks i get are astounding, even if just 1% are real attacks then im pleased ive got it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by DarkSteel@27 March 2003 - 17:58
    I am having a problem with Emule Plus, whenever I go on, it says it can't reack port 4662 and that I have a LOWID. I know it has something to with either firewalls or routers, yet I have neither, as far as I know, although the computer I use does use an interent connection from another one, it uses a USB hub, not a router.
    If you are sharing your internet connection, then that is the problem. Other users can't easily connect to you, because your IP address is masked by the hub you are using. There may be a "fix" for this, but the best way to obtain a HIGH ID is to have a direct connection to the internet. Also, read the FAQ on the emule site. This is a common problem, and it is discussed there.
    Proud member of MDS