Thread: Emule Will Not Start Dowload! Help

Poster
    how do i start the dowload im trying to get WINRAR CORP and i m sharing 3 files whats wrong

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Did you read the Emule FAQ yet? I think it's still in the "waiting" status until you can download from somebody. Are those 3 files big and popular?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    uh thyre roms and waiting status is too long

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    It'll eventually start, you have to wait awhile. People are uploading from you correct? This will allow you meet your max speed.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    no 1 is uploading from mee

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I don't think your files are really popular. What are the three files you are sharing?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    i give up on EMULE CUZ NOW I CANT CONNECT TO A SERVER AGAIN I DELETED IT SORRY IHAD N64 ROMZ mario tennis

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    It depends what you are sharing, im sharing over 2000 files on emule, mostly ebooks and apps, but the one thing that gets more hits than anything else is jediknight 2.bin it must be in the 3000 mark now of hits, and my client id is over 3000 now as well, if all i shared was my 2000+ ebooks i would be waiting an age to download anything as not a lot of ppl would be downloading them, some would but not in the same quantity as jediknight2, ive just started to share cm4 so i expaect that to get a lot of hits as well.

fair enough its quality not quantity, but if all you have is 3 ebooks or 3 gameboy roms, then not a lot of ppl are going to want those as if you do a search on emule for roms you will find ppl with very big .rars 100meg plus stuffed with them.

when you log onto a server have a look at you client id: id its 9 or 10 numbers then your ok if its 4 or 5 numbers then something is blocking it, probably the XP built in firewall, as that has been the cause of a lot of probs as far as i can tell with ppl asking about emule.

also if you look is the statistics tab and have a look at your server status, if its around or over 50% thats ok but any less, disconnect and reconnect to a room with a lot of ppl in.

Good luck, and if you havnt already get some better files to share, you will see your speeds shoot up. (well not shoot, but it will be quicker than nothing)

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Forum Star
    Patience is the key. You'll get in front of the queues eventually.

I have downloaded over 175 GB with eMule, so it does work.