Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For what reason did you purchase that first console? (Xbox, Gamecube, or PS2)

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    It all started a Gamestop for me. I was sick of my 233mhz computer and shitty playstation with no games. I brought in my playstation, all of its games and controllers and looked at which console I wanted to buy. I had a brand new Gamecube. Playstation 2, and Xbox in front of me (I was overwhelmed ). I came into the store wanting a Playstation 2 but I looked at my other choices. I was then ready to grab my brand new PS2 but then looked more at Xbox and was thinking more about the PS2 (after my mom started yelling at me cause I was staring at the consoles for like an hour, I looked like a dumbass ) when a guy told me about Halo ( ) and introduced me to an Xbox. I was amazed at how good Halo looked. I owe my life to that guy, btw. Anyways I got a price for my Playstation and its games and only ended up paying $80 for a used Xbox and a copy of Halo. I went home and quickly unwraped the mighty box and connected it to my shitty t.v. I played Halo all night and morning and played it for many nights and days to come. I pretty much only bought an Xbox because of Halo but I'm glad I did.

For what reason did you purchase that first console? (Xbox, Gamecube, or PS2)
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 11-01-2004 at 02:16 AM.

2. Games   -   #2
    i got my PS2 for the sole perpose of GTAIII. First played it at a friends and was hooked. To this day all i have ever bought for my PS2 is GTAIII and VC, and SA soon
    -TiMz

3. Games   -   #3
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Same here.

4. Games   -   #4
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    nes for mario

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

5. Games   -   #5
    i bought my xbox for the awsome online play on XBox live, my first game was Unreal championship which is still a sweet game. i dont really play my xbox offline because online is soooo much fun, i play games like UC, CS, R6 3, Splinter Cell PT and Mechassault

6. Games   -   #6
    Atari for some really poor F1 game...and Lombard R.A.C Rally too (at least, I think Lombard was on Atari)

7. Games   -   #7
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    I had PS1once, gave it away to me sisters kids.
    I still think them boxes are kinda lame with graphics etc (too use to PC's)
    But im guessing they're gettin' pretty good...
    Spoiler: Show

8. Games   -   #8
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    NES = only one i knew of at the time
    Gameboy = Handheld, had to have it
    SNES = Mario of course
    Genesis = Sonic
    N64 = Mario Again
    Gameboy Color = Color handheld
    PS1 = Metal Gear Solid/ N64 broke after 2months
    DreamCast = Sonic Adventures
    PS2 = MGS 2
    GC = Got it for my younger brother (barley played it)
    Xbox = Umm... no reason just needed to complet my colection

9. Games   -   #9
    i luv u xara
    it seems im the only one who bought a console for other things rather than games...

i was gonna buy a dvd player... then i decided i wanted it with divx support... the cheapest i could find was at 200 us dollars... i don't know why, but doing a search google sent me to xbox-scene forums to the xbmc section... only then i realized i could mod an xbox, install xbmc and play any type of audio and video currently supported on the pc, and with the ability of updating codecs n' stuff.... plus i could install a bigger hd and save all my movies in there...

games were just a secondary reason...

in the next couple of weeks i might be buying a ps2 *JUST* for GTA: San Andreas...
    dude!!!
    la cucaracha, la cucaracha, ya no puede caminar...

- JOIN our fold@home team... ... something about genetics n' stuff
    -i just had a pm conversation with MYSELF!!!... ... ...wow... that's sad

10. Games   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I've bought them all just to play different games.

I even have an Atari Jaguar. POS

The only system I never got was an Intellivision.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast