Thread: Bf1942 Problem, Please Help

Hi, im sort of new to the forums but i would like to ask a question, and any and all help would be appreciated. I downloaded BF1942 and they work properly (converting from bin to iso, ect,.) and they were also the ones on the valid list.. but when i try to instal em, it gets to 27% and then gives me a CRC error saying that the file sound.rfa doesn't mater the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which i am running the setup may be corrupted; contact my software vendor. I ignore the error and it keeps going on till 60% then it gives me 'Specified component cannot be found in the media. An attempt was made to access a component that does not exist in the named media.' I click ok, then it exits setup? im using DaemonToolz to load the isos...any help would be very appreciated..thanks

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    hi there!
    everytime i've had error problems similar to yours, i've used the "REPAIR FOLDER" options on tool bar of Winace and or WinRAR. so far they have fixed all problems. on one occasion it told me there was an incomplete header on a particular file. i managed to download the trial version of this programme and drop the complete file into cracked version and it worked perfectly.
    hop ing this helps
    regards
    m8t

3. Games   -   #3
    i dont understand what your saying using repair option? hehe sorry im stupid i guess, but i dont understand..but im not even using winace/winrar...im just using DaemonToolz to run the isos... please help

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by opxmagik@28 March 2003 - 04:40
    i dont understand what your saying using repair option? hehe sorry im stupid i guess, but i dont understand..but im not even using winace/winrar...im just using DaemonToolz to run the isos... please help
    Dont bother, if your system specs are accurate then you wont be able to run the game, I am on a P3, 722 RAM, Ti Radeon 9700 Vid and it runs choppy for me, I play it on my bros P4 and it runs like a dream.

5. Games   -   #5
    hehe what do you mean if my specs are accurate? im on a p4 2.53 ghz with over a gig of DDR ram, also running GeForce 4 Ti, ive downloaded the demo and it runs like a dream...i just need help on how to fix it, please

6. Games   -   #6
    Looks to me like your download is corrupt you can either download it again or use a repairing software to fix the errors cdmage isn't bad.I had this problem also and got around it by downloading it again burning both downloads to cd so i had 2 cd1 and 2 cd2 when i got a crc error on install i just swapped discs worked perfectly. o.k downloading it again takes time but sometimes is the only way..

7. Games   -   #7
    Game plays fine for me. Does require a heafty video card. I paid about 150.00 for my new ATI Pro 9000 128 meg card. For that little of money it has made my games So much better with no lag.

As for 1942 there are cracked servers out there that you can run the game on once its going. I don't care much for it because the maps are huge and there is not alot of action.