Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush wins

on the bright side, anyone in dire need of stem cells should consider moving to california. we just voted to spend a big wad of money on it, w00t.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=6695706

even schwarzenegger came out in favor of that. mel gibson was against it... but, you know, mel has lately gone a tad INSANE.

too bad that we didn't include a clause to the tune of: "if george w bush is ever in a predicament, such as suffering some sort of disabling accident or illness, where he might wish to personally enjoy the benefits of california's stem cell research... well, SCREW HIM. he can't have any." it'd only be fair.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 11-03-2004 at 08:36 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz
    I am so disappointed in my country, and even more in the state I live in, Ohio. Kerry’s contesting our vote counts but we all know how that’s going to turn out.

And I’m still in shock that Bush won so many states, that he won so many votes, he’s going to take both the electoral and popular votes, how the hell did that happen? As for Florida, well no surprise there (thanks Jeb). But here in Ohio? We’ve lost so many huge businesses here, Timkin, Ford, Marconi. I can’t believe the majority of Ohioans are that dense.

You hear about people from other countries around the world calling Americans dumbasses, and foolish, and ignorant, and well, never really believed it until tonight.
    it's so disheartening. I can't believe it's 3:42am and I'm sitting at my puter b/c I can't sleep over this bs.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It's still saying the result in unclear on the BBC website. Standing at 254 - 242 in favour of Bush and that it may all hinge on Ohio.

Am I clinging to some absurd false hope?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    It's still saying the result in unclear on the BBC website. Standing at 254 - 242 in favour of Bush and that it may all hinge on Ohio.

Am I clinging to some absurd false hope?

Yes I believe you are....

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Apparently the partisipation of young voters were as bad as in 2000, something one hoped would change in this election and which would benefit Kerry.

Guess I'm just looking for someone to blame... still, way to go.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Oh dear :crying:

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    just get sum countries to kill bush

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    254 - 252 in favour of Bush at the moment..

Ohio has 20 votes... so whoever wins there is in.

Bush looks to be in front by a huge amount... however there are approx 200,000 provisonal Ballots, caused by Republicans challenging those at the Polls...

Thats an awfull lot of Provionals that have to be verified before they can be counted, and most of them will probably be Democrat.

Enough to swing it? Possibly, although doubtful..

It takes a Village to Elect a Village Idiot.... whats it take to elect him for a 2nd Term?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I dunno probably a fair few lawyers

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    It's still too close to call - Three more states which still aren't won, most significantly Ohio.

However, I'm not liking the result - Kerry has fought back from the lead that Bush had a few hours ago, but it's down to the wire. I can see it being weeks before a winner being announced.

I sincerly hope that Kerry has a little last minute luck in Ohio - If not, God help Earth because they'll be nowhere else to move to with Bush in charge

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast