View Poll Results: Are you glad Bush Won?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 15.89%
  • No

85 79.44%
  • I dont care

5 4.67%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you Glad Bush won?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i appreciate that some people decide not to vote because they don't care...those people tend to not complain anyway. Some people want to vote but are not allowed, the reasons for this vary by state.
    Then we have people that don't vote because they don't wish to vote for any candidate as they feel they don't represent their views. these people do complain but they would complain whoever got in.
    I wish everyone would vote, but i deeply believe they have the right not to vote as part of being free.... how many times have you seen the option on the ballot..."none of the above"?
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-04-2004 at 05:54 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Only in a movie..

A comedy that hit the nail on the head

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Only in a movie..

A comedy that hit the nail on the head
    Brewster's Millions?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Yes indeedy

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    yes it was in that movie although i wasn't drawing reference to it.

many people that have paper ballots decide to "spoil" their paper as a protest....something we are not able to do with touch screens

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    i agree with the lazy people not having reason to complain. all i was doing is pointing out that some people have genuine accetable reasons for not voting

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    including felons who did their time, and in many states regain their right to vote...but are denied, purged from the roles, etc.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Do you know the percentage of citizens who are denied the vote. I would suspect it is not that high, compared to the number who just don't bother. I have no way of supporting this contention, it is just a feeling.
    percentages don't matter. I already agreed with you about the lazy ones, what more do you want?
    Again i point out that there are a significant amount of people that didn't vote for a personal reason or are excluded. We are talking hundreds of thousands, but then as a percentage of the US population probably not many.
    But don't go condemming Americans for electing Bush.... 49% of us that did vote didn't elect him and that's about half of us that think he shouldn't be president
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-04-2004 at 09:52 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    How about the fact that its the first time a majority (of voters) has elected a president in about 16 years?

will post more later...
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    what? homosexual marriage is a threat to heterosexual marriage? or to heterosexuals' monopoly on marriages-of-convenience, perhaps? if preserving marriage is a concern, though, i'd suggest pickling it.
    A fine idea rendered moot by the liberal monopoly on salt.

Seriously-

If you feel that heterosexuals are being overly protective and proprietary of the term, why do you suppose the gays are fighting so hard to appropriate it?

Please explain.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast