View Poll Results: Are you glad Bush Won?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 15.89%
  • No

85 79.44%
  • I dont care

5 4.67%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

Thread: Are you Glad Bush won?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    Sorry...

This must have confused me

Didn't realize this was a private conversation...
    I'll shut up now...
    Scroff, if you choose not to read further than that one sentence than what can I say?

Were you being coy or just snippet reading?

Since vid has nothing further to add besides, "I can't change so how can they" and has nothing else behind his opinion, what yours?

It's not a private convo since it wasn't a pm.

I'm hanging up the OPEN sign.

Folk's definition of what choice is seems to be different from how it applies to the "I can't help myself" syndrome. Can't help yourself?

Must be genetic.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-07-2004 at 06:11 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #152
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Scroff, if you choose not to read further than that one sentence than what can I say?

Were you being coy or just snippet reading?
    I read further. It appears to me you feel it's a choice. Nevertheless my comment about choosing to get a woody when you see Tom Cruise was just that, a comment.

Since vid has nothing further to add besides, "I can't change so how can they" and has nothing else behind his opinion, what yours?

It's not a private convo since it wasn't a pm.

I'm hanging up the OPEN sign.

Folk's definition of what choice is seems to be different from how it applies to the "I can't help myself" syndrome. Can't help yourself?

Must be genetic.
    Well of course they have a choice, just as you have a choice to sleep with a man or a woman. It's not a matter of "Can't help myself," it's more a matter of "why should I help myself?"

I think a "heterosexual" man might find sleeping with a woman more to his liking, but he could choose to sleep with a man. But no matter how long he did it, he'd still rather be with a woman.

There's nothing genetic about it, no more than there is for heterosexuals. It can't be handed down from generation to generation like blue eyes or heart disease.

Societies effect is more on how people view LGBT, thus indirectly it effects LGBT. Society tells us it's un-natural, and the more Christian the society, the more un-natural, it seems to me.

Sexuality is not an either/or proposition, people aren't either gay or straight, it's more of a sliding scale. Homophobia (I'm not accusing you here) is not fear of homosexuals, it's fear that you (the general you) might be gay, might be a little further along on that scale than you would like. Why wouldn't you want to be further along that scale? Because of society's view of homosexuality and it's effect on you (again, the general you).

In different societies, and in different times throughout history, homosexuality has been accepted.

Some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla... and some people like strawberry... what's the big deal?

You asked...
    Last edited by scroff; 11-07-2004 at 09:39 AM.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #153
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken

is as much choice as you choosing what woman that you find attractive.
    I have a choice?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #154
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    I read further. It appears to me you feel it's a choice. Nevertheless my comment about choosing to get a woody when you see Tom Cruise was just that, a comment.

Well of course they have a choice, just as you have a choice to sleep with a man or a woman. It's not a matter of "Can't help myself," it's more a matter of "why should I help myself?"

I think a "heterosexual" man might find sleeping with a woman more to his liking, but he could choose to sleep with a man. But no matter how long he did it, he'd still rather be with a woman.

There's nothing genetic about it, no more than there is for heterosexuals. It can't be handed down from generation to generation like blue eyes or heart disease.

Societies effect is more on how people view LGBT, thus indirectly it effects LGBT. Society tells us it's un-natural, and the more Christian the society, the more un-natural, it seems to me.

Sexuality is not an either/or proposition, people aren't either gay or straight, it's more of a sliding scale. Homophobia (I'm not accusing you here) is not fear of homosexuals, it's fear that you (the general you) might be gay, might be a little further along on that scale than you would like. Why wouldn't you want to be further along that scale? Because of society's view of homosexuality and it's effect on you (again, the general you).

In different societies, and in different times throughout history, homosexuality has been accepted.

Some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla... and some people like strawberry... what's the big deal?

You asked...
    It's cool. Sounds like you agree.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I have a choice?
    Refer to scroff's earlier comment.

Example I happen to dislike skinny women. Thicker women with phat ass happen to give me a woody.

I have a choice in who I sleep with but I get wood when see a woman with phat ass. I could say I chose to get wood but we both know that's not case, right?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #156
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Thats what i meant..

I have no choice in what type of woman "Turns me on"..

This is why i accept that it may well be the same for Gays... they dont "Choose" to be turned on by people of the same sex, it happens.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #157
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Scroff,

Since vid has nothing further to add besides, "I can't change so how can they" and has nothing else behind his opinion,
    I have lots more behind my opinion. I just don't see why i should have to go round in circles. You are not going to change your opinion on it and i am not going to change mine.

EVERY arguement you come up with has an equally valid counter. Same goes with every arguement i come up with.

AS I SAID IT'S ALL JUST OPINION.... NOT ONE SHRED OF ACTUAL PROOF.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #158
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Bush didn't win. Instead of Florida being the main state of the rigged election it was Ohio.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #159
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I have lots more behind my opinion. I just don't see why i should have to go round in circles. You are not going to change your opinion on it and i am not going to change mine.

EVERY arguement you come up with has an equally valid counter. Same goes with every arguement i come up with.

AS I SAID IT'S ALL JUST OPINION.... NOT ONE SHRED OF ACTUAL PROOF.
    Soooo...you have nothing further to add. Glad we agree.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Thats what i meant..

I have no choice in what type of woman "Turns me on"..

This is why i accept that it may well be the same for Gays... they dont "Choose" to be turned on by people of the same sex, it happens.
    Good, now to go further...

Let's say you are turned on by skinny white women.

Were you born that way?

Nature or nurture?

I, for one, wasn't born to like women with phat ass. I grew up around it, maybe other fellas ogled it, who knows?

At the same time there are fellas that are around phat ass all the time and prefer the skinny women.

Now imagine a scientist who says that hmmm men that like voluptuous women have an enlarged corpuswhateverthefuck and those that like skinny women have small ones. We have a study of 500 men that says so.

Aww man I said I liked phat ass all this time because everyone else did. Now I'm coming about to say I like skinny women. I must have had a small corpuswhateverthefuck all along. My friend likes voluptuous and skinny women, he must have a medium sized corpuswhateverthefuck.

Everyone's preferences have a chemical signature, didn'tcha know?
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-08-2004 at 04:44 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast