View Poll Results: Are you glad Bush Won?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 15.89%
  • No

85 79.44%
  • I dont care

5 4.67%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you Glad Bush won?

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    B if you haven’t figured out where I stand on things by now then you never will.

I’m not going to fight with you over this.

All we’ve been doing for the past 6 or 9 months is going at each other and its time for a break. Truce?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by atiVidia
    BB_H, lets all call you a f_cking d_uche
    By golly, Hank, I think this fellow has denigrated you with a not-so-subtle French reference.

Utterly crass....
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    @scroff that is so truehttp://www.anywhichway.net/

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    The American people have spoken, loudly and plainly, and it is indisputable that most people who chose to vote (and by default must likewise be considered to be more engaged than those who did not, and therefore also more politically astute, which in turn indicates the majority who voted hold the prevailing attitudes of the country at large) are not of a liberal persuasion.

It is most definitely true that, if those currently apathetic to the voting process were similarly engaged as to the relevant issues, the majority would hold up throughout.

well the % of people that voted wasn't 100%...and by the standards set to judge kerry on his track record no vote means they oppose...besides how would you know what a non voter thinks...could just be apathy could be disgust at the choices given.

however bush got only 51%...a narrow majority.... hardly an endorsement from all americans....and don't try to tell me you wouldn't be saying the same if kerry won by the same amount.

as to not being of liberal persuasion...how come clinton won 2 terms. If what you say is true do you state that a democrat will never again be president?
    as to the gay issue it's just another act of intollerance based on this fictional person called god and it's shameful..... the more intollerance i see because of religion the stronger my athiest convictions become....
    If Bush was an athiest and just ran on his policies he wouldn't have been elected...

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #75
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    well the % of people that voted wasn't 100%...and by the standards set to judge kerry on his track record no vote means they oppose...besides how would you know what a non voter thinks...could just be apathy could be disgust at the choices given.

however bush got only 51%...a narrow majority.... hardly an endorsement from all americans....and don't try to tell me you wouldn't be saying the same if kerry won by the same amount.

as to not being of liberal persuasion...how come clinton won 2 terms. If what you say is true do you state that a democrat will never again be president?
    as to the gay issue it's just another act of intollerance based on this fictional person called god and it's shameful..... the more intollerance i see because of religion the stronger my athiest convictions become....
    If Bush was an athiest and just ran on his policies he wouldn't have been elected...

I agree with you, vidcc..the intolerance of the right is simply amazing.
    Also, 51% hardly makes for a mandate...that's the work of a vivid imagination.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

6. The Drawing Room   -   #76
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Please find my reply in blue:

Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

Put it however you like, vid-if it were possible to make non-voters vote, they would vote a statistical tie, which would not change the outcome.

It's really just that simple.

I'll do better than try, vid, I'll state it flatly:

Had the result been reversed, you'd have heard no carping from me; I live in the real world, where sympathy of the type you seek can be found in the dictionary, right between shit and syphilis.

I don't see a liberal of the ilk we've seen lately ever getting elected, vid.

I did not say no Democrat would win.

Show me the right Democrat, and I'll vote for him.

BTW-Hillary is toast, as is Edwards.

For good.

Just as I said-you make the mistake of attributing what has happened to your misperception of a hatred of gays; you can't even see how blind you are.

When I tell you it has nothing to do with any religious beliefs I might hold, you can take my word for it; you really don't have a choice, anyway.

Quite right-that would have made him just like Kerry, you see?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #77
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    the simple truth is that they wish to preserve marriage as it has existed until now.
    what? homosexual marriage is a threat to heterosexual marriage? or to heterosexuals' monopoly on marriages-of-convenience, perhaps? if preserving marriage is a concern, though, i'd suggest pickling it.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #78
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    what? homosexual marriage is a threat to heterosexual marriage? or to heterosexuals' monopoly on marriages-of-convenience, perhaps? if preserving marriage is a concern, though, i'd suggest pickling it.

Heterosexual marriage is a threat to heterosexual marriage, Britney Spears is a threat to heterosexual marriage, Fox is a threat to heterosexual marriage (Anybody wanna marry a millionaire... or a midget?)

Two people enough in love to risk public scorn and ridicule to get married aren't a threat.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #79
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by bujub22
    @scroff that is so truehttp://www.anywhichway.net/
    Thank you
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #80
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I voted No.

Oh well, four more years. Which country will we invade next? Place your bets ladies and gentlemen.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast