View Poll Results: Are you glad Bush Won?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 15.89%
  • No

85 79.44%
  • I dont care

5 4.67%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you Glad Bush won?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    vid: "I told you so"= Bush would win; surely you haven't forgotten-but really, it was no great feat to foretell, and I think I said that, too.

My colleague Mr. Fugley has managed to quite easily point out that which most of you ignore:

The American people have spoken, loudly and plainly, and it is indisputable that most people who chose to vote (and by default must likewise be considered to be more engaged than those who did not, and therefore also more politically astute, which in turn indicates the majority who voted hold the prevailing attitudes of the country at large) are not of a liberal persuasion.

It is most definitely true that, if those currently apathetic to the voting process were similarly engaged as to the relevant issues, the majority would hold up throughout.

As an example of the liberal disconnect, consider the fact of the gay-marriage referendums having gone down in utter flames on every slate they were contested...

The prevailing liberal school of thought is (and this is indisputable) that conservatives turned down the referendums because of an inherent hatred/homophobia, when the simple truth is that they wish to preserve marriage as it has existed until now.

This is supported at a glance by the circumstance of a skew in the numbers of votes cast in the Presidential races in the same states where the referenda were on the ballot. i.e., misguidedly assuming a uniformity of beliefs, precisely how is it that in a state that ultimately went for Kerry pretty handily (Oregon) the vote on the gay marriage amendment went down big: 56%-44%?

I daresay (easy on the "dare") no such percentage exists on this board, so at least take the lesson that has been demonstrated so clearly:

The people on this board, including the American contingent, are outside the mainstream of American thought.

I'll bet most of you are utterly shocked at this news, huh?

Nonetheless-there you have it; the Americans actually are just as barbarous, uncouth, and worst of all, unenlightened as you've suspected.
    I have no idea why the gay marriage referendum was even brought up. I think most people don't want to see gay marriages. I was not surprised.

Saying I told you so regarding a Bush win is of no consequence. It's like me picking the number 4 horse to win...and uh...he does...by a nose.
    You are not some enlightened person with this shocking revelation.

Regarding who voted for Bush, those folk are no more enlightened than Kerry voters. It does demonstrate a idiocy, I think, that will only permeate in the future......

Clinton lied to Congress under oath about a dick suck but hey Bush fucked more than that but now now.....he caused less damage to Presidential office. Ass-backwards my man.

Idiocy....

Iraq has WMDs...LET'S GO TO WAR.

well no WMDs, but hey Repub friends, Saddam was in league with Al Qaeda, well uh.....WE GOT TO LIBERATE IRAQ!!! That's what we came here for stupid.

If you bought that, you are an idiot. PERIOD. POINT BLANK.

If you take war lightly you are an idiot.

If you discount the lives of our soldiers for this bullshit, you are a fuck.

I can rattle off much more but I gotta see the end of the Laker game.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    At least the children, our future, knew who to pick.

http://www.nick.com/all_nick/special.../results.jhtml

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    At least the children, our future, knew who to pick.

http://www.nick.com/all_nick/special.../results.jhtml
    Don't worry... No Child Left will take care of that!
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidcc
    He actually stood for many things you champion. For example government not interfering between you and your doctor..... yet you want to interfere with patient doctor choice by banning abortion and stem cell research.

are you enlisting this week to ease the burdon on those serving in Iraq? please do so, you can finish your studies after you have served.... moral support isn't enough.. i urge you to put your body where your principles are.
    I call on Bush to bring back the draft...after all it will be popular seeing as america thinks he's "right"
    just so you know manny i will no longer accept your beliefs in Bush's "fight to free" untill you join up... unless you just think that the "cause" is something others should fight for.
    Several people on this board have stated they have served openly, some have served but not mentioned it.... i am telling you now... cheerleaders don't get the respect of the players.... unless the players want to f**k them in the backs of their cars.

Please don't think this is rage or "emotions" speaking, i am calm.... you are hearing what i believe.
    I aknowledge (even if you don't) that you are on edge and are in need of a debate; and since you have come to me with such an asinine proposition, which pretty much came from nowhere; I will indulge you in such talk.

Tell me; did you think that the first Gulf War was valid? did you think that Invasion of Afghanistan was valid? did you serve in such military actions?

your call for people who support the war to join, is, to be put plainly; stupid. Wait, are you saying that all people who support the war should join, or just me?

Ok, to the point. I am not willing to abandon my responsibilities here to serve in Iraq and I have tremendous respect for those who would; if any. Why do you think people join the military? They do it for themselves and for their family. All they expect is to be able to serve honorably. I cannot leave. That said; Thank God that there are people who can serve and serve voluntarily, I am fully aware that they fight in my an your place, and such a sacrifice for us is warming.

As you know though; I have no qualms serving in the military after college in a position benefiting to my occupation. Your arguement is a side road to disvaluing my opinion, due to such literal minds unable to grasp such enthreal things as "freedom". Sad, because it's what the ideal society is based on.

A draft would bring those who do not want and will not do the job needed. Such a call for American deaths that is not necessary isn't warrented, I do not think that draft proponents understand this.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    hey manny, your sig made me laugh, can't believe i didn't see it before. you're absolutely right about the gun part, but come on, abortion clinics? are we really living that far back in the past?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    hey manny, your sig made me laugh, can't believe i didn't see it before. you're absolutely right about the gun part, but come on, abortion clinics? are we really living that far back in the past?
    There is a feeling that it will soon be a major topic in the future(with the Supreme Court soon to be open for appointments), as well as being a substantial topic now. It helps that the case it's based off of is extremely weak with no inferences to past rulings.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #87
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    your call for people who support the war to join, is, to be put plainly; stupid. Wait, are you saying that all people who support the war should join, or just me?
    don't think he means just you, manny.

Ok, to the point. I am not willing to abandon my responsibilities here to serve in Iraq and I have tremendous respect for those who would; if any. Why do you think people join the military? They do it for themselves and for their family. All they expect is to be able to serve honorably. I cannot leave. That said; Thank God that there are people who can serve and serve voluntarily, I am fully aware that they fight in my an your place, and such a sacrifice for us is warming.

That's nice you aren't "willing" to abandon your responsibilities, unlike those serving who have been forced to..you know..stop-loss? They aren't fighting in my place. They are fighting in your place..you support this bullshit war..I do not, and never have. A sacrifice for us is warming? WTF. Do you feel warm and fuzzy? They have been sacrificed by the Bush administration.

As you know though; I have no qualms serving in the military after college in a position benefiting to my occupation. Your arguement is a side road to disvaluing my opinion, due to such literal minds unable to grasp such enthreal things as "freedom". Sad, because it's what the ideal society is based on.

A draft would bring those who do not want and will not do the job needed. Such a call for American deaths that is not necessary isn't warrented, I do not think that draft proponents understand this.

A position benefitting to your occupation? Glad you think you'll be able to pick and choose. Freedom is an ethereal thought? You think that some people can't "grasp" the concept? GROK .. ROFL. The draft...I repeat...there is a back-door draft going on. Wake up and smell the coffee. There should be no deaths in Iraq now, period...not Americans, not Iraqi, and not coalition (i use the term loosely).
    Last edited by ruthie; 11-04-2004 at 06:50 AM.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

8. The Drawing Room   -   #88
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Yes I am glad he won; he can now go and clean up the mess he has made....himself.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #89
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5

10. The Drawing Room   -   #90
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    don't think he means just you, manny.

That's nice you aren't "willing" to abandon your responsibilities, unlike those serving who have been forced to..you know..stop-loss? They aren't fighting in my place. They are fighting in your place..you support this bullshit war..I do not, and never have. A sacrifice for us is warming? WTF. Do you feel warm and fuzzy? They have been sacrificed by the Bush administration.

A position benefitting to your occupation? Glad you think you'll be able to pick and choose. Freedom is an ethereal thought? You think that some people can't "grasp" the concept? GROK .. ROFL. The draft...I repeat...there is a back-door draft going on. Wake up and smell the coffee. There should be no deaths in Iraq now, period...not Americans, not Iraqi, and not coalition (i use the term loosely).
    The post wasn't even directed at you so I won't reply. All I hear from you nowadays is constaint lib teleprompt, I honestly don't give it much thought. Express yourself in an intelligent manner and maybe I will start caring.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast