Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why did Bush win?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    well tell us what was wrong about kerry.

He actually stood for many things you champion. For example government not interfering between you and your doctor..... yet you want to interfere with patient doctor choice by banning abortion and stem cell research.

are you enlisting this week to ease the burdon on those serving in Iraq? please do so, you can finish your studies after you have served.... moral support isn't enough.. i urge you to put your body where your principles are.
    I call on Bush to bring back the draft...after all it will be popular seeing as america thinks he's "right"
    just so you know manny i will no longer accept your beliefs in Bush's "fight to free" untill you join up... unless you just think that the "cause" is something others should fight for.
    Several people on this board have stated they have served openly, some have served but not mentioned it.... i am telling you now... cheerleaders don't get the respect of the players.... unless the players want to f**k them in the backs of their cars.

Please don't think this is rage or "emotions" speaking, i am calm.... you are hearing what i believe.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    It was. the largest for 40 years...

That still leaves it at 40% not voting...

I think one State managed to get an 85% turnout.... thats bloody good in any election, and probably pulled the average up.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Ok my mistake - I thought the whole thing was about 85%.

60% is a tad mediocre for a record though. The UK average up until 2001 was about 75% it fell to 60% for the first time in 2001. I recall politicians moaning about apathy at the time.

Still, neither candidate was exactly setting the heather on fire.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Thats the problem....

Put someone weak against someone bad... you can see why a lot didnt bother...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12