Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Why Bush won

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I can appreciate those thoughts...

Until i remember who supported Hussain in the 1st place, and also that the UK/USA have caused more deaths of innocent civilians since the end of Desert Storm, than Saddam did in his whole tenere as Dictator.

It then comes to mind that the only reason Saddam actually invaded Kuwait at that time in the 1st place; was that he had received assurances, from the USA, that the USA didnt care about any "Purely Arabian War", when he consulted them about his plans beforehand...

There were very few casualties on either side during that Invasion... until the unexpected response from the USA and the rest of the world, which sort of set of a chain reaction inside that country.

Kuwait's Human Rights Record prior to the Invasion were no better than Iraq's, with frequent instances of Disappearances, Political Prisoners and foreigners being Jailed in Deportation Centres and Tortured for upto 5 years prior to deportation for the crime of not having the money to pay for their own Deportation...

Strange then, that one was favoured over the other...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Sorry for the delay, situations deemed impossible to reply, and I honestly forgot until I noticed scroffs signature...

Aa vid has made clear, the lesson that "rich white boys" do not effecively consider the lives of our military...and that very well be true. Scroff's antagonizing, though, spurrs me to point a few things out.

Since you are vehemently against the U.S. being in Iraq, will you go to ease casualty loss, rebuild Iraqi infactructure, or possibly fight the U.S. forces in Iraq? (I don't think that you have stated such sentiments, but others here had revealed that if they were in Iraq, they would fight the military). The same relinquishments that you ask of me are made to you. If no such actions are taken, I see your objectives not in stemming military casualties, but to politicize them for your agenda's benefit.

You obviously feel strongly about military losses, as do I. But in my viewpoint (just as you see me taking military losses for granted), can you sympathize with over 4000,000 men woman, and children executed and thrown in mass graves? Are their lives not worth something? These people are innocently sloughtered, yet there is no subsequent action from a liberal vantage point. Maybe as you see my carelessness for our Military dead, I see yours of Iraqi civilians dead.

You see explicit American corruption, and are against it; yet, do you seee the distrucive policies of a dictator as I do? as you think I turn a blind eye towards invading Iraq, I see you turning a blind eye toward a regime that otherwise would be entrenched in the middle east for ages as it passed down to his murderous sons.

My thoughts...yelp all you want.
    Sorry but you just echo company lines.

You claim great rationale for being in Iraq is for the Iraqi people. Were you claiming this many years ago?

If Bush hadn't made a stink about WMD would you still want this ground war in Iraq?

Just the fact that you mentioned mass graves makes me think of the spineless followers of Republican rhetoric. Mass graves have been there like for awhile now. You mention it because your party leadership mentions it right now to save face.

There is a picture in a DC subway car of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam from years ago. Had you been alive then I'm sure this was okay but omg now it's not because we er...HAVE TO FREE THE IRAQI PEOPLE.

Puh....leeze.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I can appreciate those thoughts...

Until i remember who supported Hussain in the 1st place, and also that the UK/USA have caused more deaths of innocent civilians since the end of Desert Storm, than Saddam did in his whole tenere as Dictator.

It then comes to mind that the only reason Saddam actually invaded Kuwait at that time in the 1st place; was that he had received assurances, from the USA, that the USA didnt care about any "Purely Arabian War", when he consulted them about his plans beforehand...

There were very few casualties on either side during that Invasion... until the unexpected response from the USA and the rest of the world, which sort of set of a chain reaction inside that country.

Kuwait's Human Rights Record prior to the Invasion were no better than Iraq's, with frequent instances of Disappearances, Political Prisoners and foreigners being Jailed in Deportation Centres and Tortured for upto 5 years prior to deportation for the crime of not having the money to pay for their own Deportation...

Strange then, that one was favoured over the other...
    Oh but then you see..we had too...er...FREE THE KUWAITI PEOPLE!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Aa vid has made clear, the lesson that "rich white boys" do not effecively consider the lives of our military...and that very well be true. Scroff's antagonizing, though, spurrs me to point a few things out.

what did i make clear ????????

As to your arguement that as scoff is anti war he should go fight for the other side.... why?, he is American, he doesn't want to fight against his own countrymen that have been ordered without choice into conflict, the idea is simply beyond contempt.

The only reason i don't want more cheerleeders to volunteer is because this incumbant would take it as a mandate to continue to invade any other country he doesn't like. At least with the sideline supporters not joining up he is limited by manpower.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #75
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Oh but then you see..we had too...er...FREE THE KUWAITI PEOPLE!!
    Didn't work then, huh?

Still seems to be an Absolute Monarchy with a bad Human Rights Record

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #76
    Sanctuary!
    There have been other replies that I agree with in response to yours, and I really don't want to rehash the chickenhawk posts... Thanks to the folks who answered in my absence

Quote Originally Posted by manny
    The same relinquishments that you ask of me are made to you. If no such actions are taken
    I already did, it's your turn.

As far as what do I, or liberals, care about the Iraqis... we, or should I say I, believe there was a peaceful process that could have been carried out to achieve the same results, I would say better results, had not Bush been in such an all fired rush to war.

I am a proud member of Veterans for Peace, a liberal veterans' group. While I will grant you that I have never been to Iraq, VfP has been in Iraq since 1999 working to rebuild water treatment plants. What has any conservative group done prior to Bush's illegal invasion of a soveriegn nation? (you know, those people who care so much for the Iraqis that they'll kill untold thousands of them)
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #77
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired

8. The Drawing Room   -   #78
    This website says it all for me

http://www.sorryeverybody.com/

9. The Drawing Room   -   #79
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace_Askew
    This website says it all for me

http://www.sorryeverybody.com/
    Damn that site has 166 pages of people apologizing because Bush won the election. Thats neat.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #80
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    I voted against Bush,but I'll be damned if I'll apologise because he won.
    We had a election,someone won...period

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast