Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprocket....dripping wet (again)

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    WTf is "SPROCKET"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mofos
    WTf is "SPROCKET"
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Mofos- Sprocket is my PC, a shameless exhibitionist and a black hole into which I pour money and effort and in return receive abuse and frustration.

EDIT: why wont these damn smileys work
    Last edited by Storm; 11-04-2004 at 10:50 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm

they do... :crying: ( : crying : ) ( : dry : )

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm

I didnt see that.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Sometimes buying parts off a forum has it's downside.
    In my case, I finally ran into a seller who was anxious to get the money, but not too keen on actually shipping the parts.
    *sigh*
    Finally got the tracking # yesterday and the parts will get to me on Tues.

Meanwhile I have been preparing ( as much as possible) for the switch to H2O.
    Since I am also swapping out motherboards at the same time there isn't much I can do about the cabling, but I did manage to get all the HDDs in place and mount the cooling fans for same.

Here is a shot of the two 120GB Seagate SATA drives ( storage) in place above the Ultra PSU....

Visible (barely) on the back casewall is the hole for a 120mm fan which blows over these two drives.
    My baby Raptor (OS and programs) is mounted in a similar heatpipe cooler in the 5.25" bays under the optical drives. It is cooled by a twinfan belly cooler.
    This arrangement seems to work well, MBM5 shows drive temps in the mid- to upper-twenties for all three HDDs....not as good as ABU's subzero results, but
    Sprocket seems OK with it.

This is a (pathetic) pic of the general layout as she sits today...

The Chaintech board is installed in this pic, the DFI will be installed when the waterloop comes ( trying to save unnecessary work here...), so the ugly orange IDE cables will be gone and the details will be slightly different, but I think the main pieces will stay the same.
    Blurrily visible is the new twin heatpipe Zalman VGA cooler on my ATI 9600XT vidcard.
    Although advertised as a passive solution, the Zalman raised my vid temps by 5C until I installed the sidefan, which dropped the temps below those with the stock ATI HSF.
    With "Overdrive" enabled the card peaks out ( so far) at 32C after running Aquamark 3 ( all temps achieved with the sidepanels and roof in place...), which is fine with me.

So I'm now ready to place the watercooling pieces when they come.
    Surprisingly, as huge as this case appears to be, I'm still going to have to be creative shoehorning the radiator and pump into the space that remains.

Should be interesting.
    Last edited by clocker; 11-14-2004 at 12:01 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Nice update. Are you planning on mounting the radiator in the front of the case under the drive bays? Or are you planning on coming up with some seemingly ingenious idea for that as well?
    Oh and BTW, I want your case , I've been trying to find a case of that size around, but it is quite hard to do so without shelling out your life savings. Especially here in Canada where people get the strange vision that smaller is better when it comes to computer cases...
    Quite odd actually.
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    wow...that's way different than your last pictures.

you haven't kept us updated. :crying:

what psu is that? i like the psu connectors being on the back of it so you dont need to have excess wires.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    The PSU is an Ultra X-connect, and indeed, it is quite nice to have modular cabling.

The SATA cables ( not included in early shipping units, but offered free through their website) should be here early next week.

K....
    Too bad, I just sent out a very similar case ( just one drive bay shorter) to a guy in Atlanta.
    My waterloop will ( well, that's the plan) have two radiators...one between the pump and the waterblock and another between the waterblock and the return line to the pump.
    It remains to be seen how I shall cram them into place.
    First, I need to get the pump mounted and see what sort of room I have left.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    K....
    Too bad, I just sent out a very similar case ( just one drive bay shorter) to a guy in Atlanta.
    Well keep an eye out for me as I need one to house my current watercooling project as well. I just want a standard ATX with lots of space, the rest doesn't matter as it will all be painted/modded/slaughtered.

Anyway, your project is looking quite nice. You plan on keeping the beige colour I assume?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiweiler
    Anyway, your project is looking quite nice. You plan on keeping the beige colour I assume?
    Nope.
    Currently thinking of powdercoating the chassis red and the panels black, but, like everything else, that could change....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast