Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another 9/11- opportunity missed?

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    It was symbolic...

It was the World Trade Centre.

We all suffered losses in that one, allbeit not in the same numbers, and not on our shore.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    What fear? Nothing has happened since 9/11. Everyone is back to business as usual.

Basically, by not attacking Al-Queda said, "The war on Terror IS working".

I actually thought about this topic AFTER the election. I thought "Hey, the election went awefully smoothly, somebody did their job."
    oh come now...what was the main issue of this election? the war on terror. well if nobody is worried about terror why have a war on it?

I was unaware that AQ had a timetable, perhaps you know their minds better than the rest of us. Even the men that said they will keep us safer are saying that it's not a question of if rather when. So nothing has happened YET....are you saying that nothing will ever happen?
    lets face it, most people..yourself included by all accounts were expecting an attack, but any military person will tell you about the element of supprise being advantagious.

Fact is we don't know what AQ plans to do or not do and to make an assumption that just because they haven't done anything yet or didn't do anything when we thought they might, means that we have everything right is a step back to the arrogance that allowed 911 to happen in the first place... in my opinion
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-05-2004 at 08:39 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Fact is we don't know what AQ plans to do or not do and to make an assumption that just because they haven't done anything yet or didn't do anything when we thought they might, means that we have everything right is a step back to the arrogance that allowed 911 to happen in the first place... in my opinion

Everything right? probably not. Something right, however, is likely. There are many more things to do to secure our borders and such, but in my mind, the fact that we have been safe for three years comes into play and if I were to guess; is not exactly what AQ would have in mind.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Everything right? probably not. Something right, however, is likely. There are many more things to do to secure our borders and such, but in my mind, the fact that we have been safe for three years comes into play and if I were to guess; is not exactly what AQ would have in mind.
    OK..

This is just silly.

Secure borders?

If your borders are more secure... how come Heroin is so cheap at the moment in the USA?

It comes from outside your Borders afterall, and its a case of supply and demand.... If there wasnt so much getting in, it would be more expensive. Same with any other Drug from outside...

How many "Wetbacks" get in every year?

Your borders are not secure, to anyone that wants to get in and knows how... guess who would know exactly how to get in, whenever they want.

You think they're gonna come in on a Jet Liner with a Machine Gun and explosives in their luggage? Why? Its easier just going in and buying it all at WallMart...

Neither yours, nore anyone elses Borders are "Secure", and cant be made such.

Hell, they built a wall around East Berlin, and people still got in and out.... its just the poor slobs that didnt know what they were doing that got caught

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    OK..

This is just silly.

Secure borders?

If your borders are more secure... how come Heroin is so cheap at the moment in the USA?

It comes from outside your Borders afterall, and its a case of supply and demand.... If there wasnt so much getting in, it would be more expensive. Same with any other Drug from outside...

How many "Wetbacks" get in every year?

Your borders are not secure, to anyone that wants to get in and knows how... guess who would know exactly how to get in, whenever they want.

You think they're gonna come in on a Jet Liner with a Machine Gun and explosives in their luggage? Why? Its easier just going in and buying it all at WallMart...

Neither yours, nore anyone elses Borders are "Secure", and cant be made such.

Hell, they built a wall around East Berlin, and people still got in and out.... its just the poor slobs that didnt know what they were doing that got caught
    Apparently; you didn't grasp my post...

Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    There are many more things to do to secure our borders
    don't cheat and skim; read it again. (man, I am on fire with alliteration this week! Almost like Jesse.)
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    You miss the point...

NOTHING has been done, its all spin.

Your Borders are as open now as ever, possibly more so... or there wouldnt be so much of the crap getting in, to make it so cheap.

A terrorist that means to bomb the crap out of you, will not be travelling on an airliner to get his fingerpriints taken on arrival...

Why should he, with 1000's of miles of coastline and 2 long Borders he can just go through, with little or no problem?
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 11-05-2004 at 09:20 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    I dissagree;

with 9/11 aftermath; there has been a increased concern over our borders, and increased countermeasures have been taken; if not by Federal government, by the states themselves (here in Arizona, a border state, there has been increased military numbers along the border, as well as scrutiny). As stated again: there is much more that can be done.

This though is not the only front in the war on terror. The US in the Middle East has in my mind taken up much terrorist resources that could otherwise be aimed at the homeland.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    So, if so much has been done...

How come theres more Drugs and illegal immigrants than ever getting in?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    one thing i ask...knowing a bit about this... how do you know if someone is a terrorist?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    They're "swarthy-looking."

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast