Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Another 9/11- opportunity missed?

ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    BTW Ruthie, just a reminder, you are posting under Scroggs account and you're making him look like someone who goes to a gay wolf wedding or something.
    LOL..you mean the Tom Cruise comment? That was truly his own. Hmmm, makes a girl wonder. LOL
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    We're gonna debate it again?

Alright by me

I think we could go round in circles about why we are a target and i think the people at the top know..... it just worries me that they seem to want to just beat the dog until it bites then destory it for biting... then get another dog and start the same routine again.
    prevention is better than cure

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    We're gonna debate it again?

Alright by me

It is not a debate really.

Just consider what the options are.

The US is not going to stop supporting Israel and the Arabs are not going to stop supporting the Palestineans.

The question is, do the 2 sides want peace? If not, then the US has a problem that cannot be fixed and terrorists will always have a hatred for us. We certainly are not going to change our ways because they want us too.

Ruthie,

He keeps calling me Hobbsey. Only the Australian ladies call me that. Maybe he sat on an estrogen patch?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Isreal is just one, although a big reason. The USA could go a long way here by not taking sides, instead mediate.

We don't have to give into terrorism to look at our actions worldwide and consider if we could change things so that we are not a target.... the biggest thing we need to do is check our egos at the door and stop being so arrogant. I think most Americans know someone that has the attitude that America can do "what it darn well pleases...what you going to do about it?"... If we can learn to do that my opinion is we will be able to say we are safer.
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-06-2004 at 11:56 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    It is not a debate really.

Just consider what the options are.

The US is not going to stop supporting Israel and the Arabs are not going to stop supporting the Palestineans.

The question is, do the 2 sides want peace? If not, then the US has a problem that cannot be fixed and terrorists will always have a hatred for us. We certainly are not going to change our ways because they want us too.

Ruthie,

He keeps calling me Hobbsey. Only the Australian ladies call me that. Maybe he sat on an estrogen patch?
    He thinks you're cute. LOL
    estrogen? ROFL. I'm a fully functioning non-extra-hormone-needing chick.

anywhichway

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Isreal is just one, although a big reason. The USA could go a long way here by not taking sides, instead mediate.

We don't have to give into terrorism to look at our actions worldwide and consider if we could change things so that we are not a target.... the biggest thing we need to do is check our egos at the door and stop being so arrogant. I think most Americans know someone that has the attitude that America can do "what it darn well pleases...what you going to do about it?"... If we can learn to do that my opinion is we will be able to say we are safer.
    Excellent point, vidcc. The arrogance and ego of some in this country is astounding. I felt Bush portrayed that with his attitude towards other nations..and he isn't the only one to feel that way. It seems that politically, the US will always take a side, though it might not be as blatantly demonstrated by different politicians.
    There are quite a few groups that are made up of Israeli's and Palestinians that put out the message for peace.

anywhichway

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345