Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Pollution Day :01:

manker's Avatar effendi

I seriously couldn't give a shit about fireworks being on sale to the general public.

There are other things to worry about. Fireworks aren't for me but they do provide some with entertainment.

Jonno, your argument that they should be illegal to sell to people because of the damage to the environment, the injuries they cause and the cost of medical treatment to the Treasury is rubbish.

You're a smoker, ffs

Priorities, priorities, priorites.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    I'll use whatever smilies I want thankyou

You got me a bit wrong here, you say I'm smug yet you agree?
    Ok I'll break it down

1: The US pollution thing has nothing to do with this, we are in England, we have no say what the US does.
    Also just because they are doing that it makes it right for England to litter the sky with thick smog from thousands of bonfires?
    Are we really that childish? "Well they do it, so why can't we?"

2: Yes the sale of fireworks should be banned for a number of reasons.

3: Yes a high percentage of those injured are messing about being stupid, that's exactly my point of the sale of explosives.

4: No I never said I wanted firework displays to finish, I enjoy them, but done profeesionally. Not in a back garden by drunk dad.

Jonno

@ Manker.....I wonder if (god forbid) an accident which caused serious harm to a loved one thru a firework in the hands of a twat would allow you to keep the same opinion?
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 11-05-2004 at 01:39 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    @ Manker.....I wonder if (god forbid) an accident which caused serious harm to a loved one thru a firework in the hands of a twat would allow you to keep the same opinion?
    Of course it would.

I know people who've died when they've been drunk but I don't want to ban alcohol. I know people who've dies through smoking, yet I don't want that banned either. I have my priorities straight.

Also, we may be in a different country to those in the US but, correct me if I'm wrong here, we're all under the same ozone layer.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    I disagree. I think you are just being a moany spoilsport

Oh my, think of the children :handwringing:
    How can the children ring hands Dan. Unless they have Bells Palsy or is that face ringing?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    1) The US pollution point I rasied because you were having a paddy about the damage to the ozone from the bonfire smoke, I just wanted to put things in perspective for you.

2) Firework sales shouldn't be banned, I think the age of 18 is a fair enough limit but if you were to ban them then that should only be to the general public not to proffesionals

3) So dicks being dicks with firerworks should get them all banned? Thats like banning cars cos people have crashes while driving drunk or showing off

4) You said you wanted them banned, ra ra pollution, that gives the idea you want ALL fireworks banned
    Last edited by DanB; 11-05-2004 at 01:46 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    :Manker......you agree with the sale of explosives to ANYone over the age of 18?

an...No I don't want fireworks banned because of pollution, I want the general sale of them banned, I'll put something into perspective for you.

I'm 27, I cannot buy good weed killer because of it's explosive content.
    I cannot carry a penknife even tho I use it for work.
    I cannot buy any kind of bird scarring explosive device without a liscence.
    I cannot buy creosote due to it's chemical content (even thjo thined down)

there's a shitload of stuff I can't do and buy, but!........

I CAN buy as many explosives as I want, from a toy shop.

You're telling me that's right?

And like I said, just cos the US are doing that and I'm not moaning about it does'nt mean we have to follow does it? Are we not an independant country?
    I'm talking about what WE (the UK) are doing today, the US thing is a totally different issue.

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 11-05-2004 at 01:53 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I'll use whatever smilies I want thankyou

You got me a bit wrong here, you say I'm smug yet you agree?
    You don't want to discuss things. You just want to rant at us.

On-topic: Why should the vast majority of people who use fireworks safely be made to suffer because of a tiny minority of stupid people?

More people will get injured this weekend because of drinking than due to fireworks. We don't ban that either because the vast majority of people do things safely.

I only said I may be on the side of a ban. I haven't given it a huge deal of thought. Setting off a few fireworks on New Year's eve is always fun and I'd hate to have that right taken away from me for a very minor gain.

So answer the question Jonno. Why should the majority of people suffer for a very small minority of idiots?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    So you agree with the sale of explosives to ANYone over the age of 18?

Jonno

Not explosives Jonno, fireworks, I don't think a 19 year old lad should be able to buy C4 from Mr Patel's

9. Lounge   -   #29
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    firework in the hands of a twat
    Now there is a thought to ponder with for the rest of the day. Must admit i've seen a few old bangers in my day.

@Jonno!. What is the point of laws. Some people honestly think that laws dont apply to them. They are supposed to apply to everyone else.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB

4) You said you wanted them banned, ra ra pollution, that gives the idea you want ALL fireworks banned
    That's a good point dan. If the pollution card is being played then I'd say professional shows probably do cause more pollution (which I still think is negilible when compared to even our own industry/automobile pollution) than people from their back gardens.

So if you're using pollution as an argument you have to be for a total ban of fireworks.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast