Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Pollution Day :01:

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene

@Dan ...... Dude nowhere in those quotes does it say fireworks should be banned due to pollution, it says bonfires. Big piles of tyres, polystirene and various other shit that gives off black smoke.
    I honestly don't thoink anyone with half a braincell would put tyres on thier bonfire

You can still have air rifles Jonno, those shoot targets just as well

I really don't see how you can compare knives and guns with fireworks though
    Last edited by DanB; 11-05-2004 at 02:34 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Here in Norway, because of the sales success last year,
    theyr planning to but extra taxes on the Fireworks.

So ppl wouldnt buy so much, some sorta security-tax or whatnot.

It would probably mean less accidents also.

I dont mind, since I dont buy that stuff.
    Most of my money goes on Booze and Hotel and such expences at New Year Party.
    ...priorities, its all about priorities...

Spoiler: Show

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    So why ban guns and knives etc? If it's ok to have fireworks just cos the few spoil it, what about guns? I used to love going on fields shooting targets (never animals).
    I also collect knives but my current collection is ilegal and should have been handed in.
    I suffered because of stupid people , was that fair?
    Before you answer that, just tell me if a firework can kill?
    Pretty much like the landmines these items have no place in this discussion. But since you bring it up.

These objects are designed to kill.

Fireworks aren't designed to kill people.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Afronaut
    Here in Norway, because of the sales success last year,
    theyr planning to but extra taxes on the Fireworks.

So ppl wouldnt buy so much, some sorta security-tax or whatnot.

It would probably mean less accidents also.

I dont mind, since I dont buy that stuff.
    Most of my money goes on Booze and Hotel and such expences at New Year Party.
    ...priorities, its all about priorities...

I hadn't thought of that.

A higher tax on fireworks. Brilliant.

This would fund any injuries, maybe put off idiots from buying them and reduce the questionable pollution.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Erm excuse me, I own several knive designed for working, a fish knife, survival knife, pen knives for cutting rope etc, these were not designed to kill, they are tools of trades, yet you are still not allowed to carry them.
    As for you saying guns and kives have no place in this thread, surely that applies to cars, petrol and various other things mentioned?
    My point is, you say cars and drink etc is dangerous, I say fireworks are worse, like guns (used on farms, designed to control pests, as is ilegal poisons you need a liscence for) they can kill and DO maim/kill , I'm sorry but even a billion people's enjoyment is not worth a human life.

Jonno

6. Lounge   -   #46
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    So we ban everything that could kill/injure someone? Is that what you're saying?
    Last edited by DanB; 11-05-2004 at 02:43 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I'm sorry but even a billion people's enjoyment is not worth a human life.
    It doesn't work like that.

No-one's saying that you can have fireworks but people have to die because of it.

No-one wants people to die but unfortunately it happens in very rare cases. I can accept it, we pay this price for everything in our lives. I truly hope that no-one does get hurt but if they do then so be it. It all boils down to my question that you have yet to answer satisfactorily.

Off-topic: With regards to your knives. Is it not possible to get a licence for them? If not then that is unfair (though nothing to do with this discussion) as like you say they are tools of a trade.
    Last edited by Withcheese; 11-05-2004 at 02:55 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    @ dan .... No, jesus I don't see whats so difficult to grasp here, the general sale of firworks is wrong.
    Read back, this thread is about fireworks, not cars, not guns, not drinking or smoking or any pollution in other countries, this thread is about fireworks and bonfires.

Nothing more, nothing less

@ Cheese.... I'm sorry I will simply dissagree, a human life is worth more than any kind of pleasure, like I said to Manker (god forbid) but think if it was someone you loved got badly maimed or worse?

As for the knives, no, no liscence is available to my knowledge, all knives with over a 3" blade were to be handed in unless work tools and kept at the workplace.

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 11-05-2004 at 02:58 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    manker's Avatar effendi
    a billion people's enjoyment is not worth a human life.
    Until I read that statement I thought Jonno was just having a laugh and being obstinate for the sake of it, cause the problems that fireworks cause in society is akin to that of ballpoint pens.

Now It's clear that if he truly believes that then he sincerely believes he is right.

Ban everything!!!11111
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    No, jesus I don't see whats so difficult to grasp here, the general sale of firworks is wrong.
    Read back, this thread is about fireworks, not cars, not guns, not drinking or smoking or any pollution in other countries, this thread is about fireworks and bonfires.

Nothing more, nothing less

Jonno
    Or guns or knives. Godamnit DanB how dare you cloud the issue with other things.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast