Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing With The Offencive Minority.

Sherlock_Holmes
    Originally posted by Marcus@28 March 2003 - 16:23
    @Sherlock Holmes
    I only wrote the post as a thinking point It might generate an idea in others or it might be dismissed altogether if it does lead to the tiniest part of a future idea then I will have done something for this board.

On your point on offence what they say about offence levels being different is true but you should tailor your behaviour towards the most easily offended (within reason) and not the least bothered. But then they would say it is normal and within reason as everyone they know talks like that. You can't ever beat true stubbornness

@Nobody1234 at least people are on the ball, It's hard not to rise sometimes though.
    It was a nice post and it will generate a thought process - this is whats wanted on this board. If everyone did as you suggest then the board would not have to change rules or policies every so often - so i commend your post 100%

As far as the "offence" point, it seems as if you cant win dos'nt it - but if everyone used common sense then there would be no problem - common sense is'nt on the school corriculum i believe, so therefore it dos'nt exist.

People who argue have nothing to say!

Peace
    S.Holmes

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Originally posted by Sherlock_Holmes+28 March 2003 - 17:58--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sherlock_Holmes @ 28 March 2003 - 17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Marcus@28 March 2003 - 16:23
    @Sherlock Holmes
    I only wrote the post as a thinking point It might generate an idea in others or it might be dismissed altogether if it does lead to the tiniest part of a future idea then I will have done something for this board.

On your point on offence what they say about offence levels being different is true but you should tailor your behaviour towards the most easily offended (within reason) and not the least bothered. But then they would say it is normal and within reason as everyone they know talks like that. You can&#39;t ever beat true stubbornness

@Nobody1234 at least people are on the ball, It&#39;s hard not to rise sometimes though.
    It was a nice post and it will generate a thought process - this is whats wanted on this board. If everyone did as you suggest then the board would not have to change rules or policies every so often - so i commend your post 100%

As far as the "offence" point, it seems as if you cant win dos&#39;nt it - but if everyone used common sense then there would be no problem - common sense is&#39;nt on the school corriculum i believe, so therefore it dos&#39;nt exist.

People who argue have nothing to say&#33;

Peace
    S.Holmes [/b][/quote]
    You can&#39;t reason with people who have nothing to say.

Even if you did condone violence,
    A baseball bat with ATTITUDE ADJUSTER written in steel spikes woudn&#39;t work on some.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Okay here is suggestion #4-

If some member here (or members as it were) get out of hand, just send me a little PM or catch me in chat and I would be more than willing to take care of the offending party myself through means of intimidation, humiliation and degradation.

You would be amazed how quickly certain lamers get in line when they have the ph33r of getting flamed or insulted by people smarter than them.

HEHEHEHEHEHE.

Welcome back Mr. Holmes, good to see ya btw&#33;

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    I would be more than willing to take care of the offending party myself through means of intimidation, humiliation and degradation.
    I think ignoring them is even more powerful as some are just looking for arguments.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Watson:&#39; Welcome back Mr Holmes. What happened to your considerable post quota? Oh well sometimes it&#39;s good to start again.&#39; I second Mr Watson&#39;s comments.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Sherlock_Holmes
    SuperJude™
    Welcome back Mr. Holmes, good to see ya btw&#33;
    Thank you kind Sir

Crackedup
    What happened to your considerable post quota? Oh well sometimes it&#39;s good to start again.
    You should know by now that stars and quotas mean squat diddly to me.

Peace y,all
    S.Holmes

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Poster
    Holmes

Dashed fine to see you again old man. Been off dealing with the arch enemy perchance. Just remember pride comes before a .....etc.

Did he falls or was he pished.

Anyway, good post that man. However please remember that freedom of speech is important. Otherwise let&#39;s just make a pile and start burning the books. We should, where possible be self policing. I think we have all had the odd tiff and made up later. That I think is different from gratuitous arguement, or posting in a manner designed to cause discord and fighting.

As in real life we can all have days when we just don&#39;t get on ( that&#39;s not intended as sexual inuendo ) however as long as that&#39;s the exception rather than the rule then no real problem.

Again, as in real life friends, or people you respect tend to tell you you were out of order. You listen to them and think "well if he thinks so, then it&#39;s probably true". Then you temper your behaviour accordingly. That&#39;s certainly the way I think it should be.

Oh and by the way, you know who you are.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Sherlock_Holmes
    Originally posted by JmiF@28 March 2003 - 23:24
    Holmes

Dashed fine to see you again old man. Been off dealing with the arch enemy perchance. Just remember pride comes before a .....etc.

Did he falls or was he pushed.

Anyway, good post that man. However please remember that freedom of speech is important. Otherwise let&#39;s just make a pile and start burning the books. We should, where possible be self policing. I think we have all had the odd tiff and made up later. That I think is different from gratuitous arguement, or posting in a manner designed to cause discord and fighting.

As in real life we can all have days when we just don&#39;t get on ( that&#39;s not intended as sexual inuendo ) however as long as that&#39;s the exception rather than the rule then no real problem.

Again, as in real life friends, or people you respect tend to tell you you were out of order. You listen to them and think "well if he thinks so, then it&#39;s probably true". Then you temper your behaviour accordingly. That&#39;s certainly the way I think it should be.

Oh and by the way, you know who you are.
    JimF

What a pleasure to make your acquaintance again
    Yes - those fiends keep me well oiled - no sexual inference meant either lol

Well - i shall remember those wise words about pride JimF - very good of you to remind me. Pride before the fall is very apt in this case - as we shall see, because the game is afoot&#33;

I agree, freedom of speech is vital. Its what makes life worth living for and keeps those librarians in a job too The odd tiff is good for the soul and gets the blood running, it stimulates the mind and the sex afterwards is great &#33; Every man & woman has the right to think and act (within limits) as he/she pleases and any institution that tries to hinder is, in my books, evil.

You know my methods, you have the clues, you have no more than i my dear friend. And yes - i do know who i am - we think so anyway Its great to be back bro&#33;&#33;

Peace
    S.Holmes

edit: typos (Watson pushed me)

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Poster
    first FC gets himself a new useraccount, and now UKMan...
    and some change their nicks. (very popular to change nicks in the chat as well&#33

i don&#39;t like it. no i do not like it at all. very confusing. my brain hurts.
    just tell the admins to reset your post counter if you want to start from zero. please?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@28 March 2003 - 18:48
    I would be more than willing to take care of the offending party myself through means of intimidation, humiliation and degradation.
    I think ignoring them is even more powerful as some are just looking for arguments.
    Ignore who?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast