Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing With The Offencive Minority.

SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Originally posted by Marcus@29 March 2003 - 00:45
    Ignore who?
    Them, of course.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Originally posted by Sherlock_Holmes+28 March 2003 - 23:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sherlock_Holmes @ 28 March 2003 - 23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@28 March 2003 - 23:24
    Holmes

Dashed fine to see you again old man. Been off dealing with the arch enemy perchance. Just remember pride comes before a .....etc.

Did he falls or was he pushed.

Anyway, good post that man. However please remember that freedom of speech is important. Otherwise let&#39;s just make a pile and start burning the books. We should, where possible be self policing. I think we have all had the odd tiff and made up later. That I think is different from gratuitous arguement, or posting in a manner designed to cause discord and fighting.

As in real life we can all have days when we just don&#39;t get on ( that&#39;s not intended as sexual inuendo ) however as long as that&#39;s the exception rather than the rule then no real problem.

Again, as in real life friends, or people you respect tend to tell you you were out of order. You listen to them and think "well if he thinks so, then it&#39;s probably true". Then you temper your behaviour accordingly. That&#39;s certainly the way I think it should be.

Oh and by the way, you know who you are.
    JimF

What a pleasure to make your acquaintance again
    Yes - those fiends keep me well oiled - no sexual inference meant either lol

Well - i shall remember those wise words about pride JimF - very good of you to remind me. Pride before the fall is very apt in this case - as we shall see, because the game is afoot&#33;

I agree, freedom of speech is vital. Its what makes life worth living for and keeps those librarians in a job too The odd tiff is good for the soul and gets the blood running, it stimulates the mind and the sex afterwards is great &#33; Every man & woman has the right to think and act (within limits) as he/she pleases and any institution that tries to hinder is, in my books, evil.

You know my methods, you have the clues, you have no more than i my dear friend. And yes - i do know who i am - we think so anyway Its great to be back bro&#33;&#33;

Peace
    S.Holmes

edit: typos (Watson pushed me) [/b][/quote]
    Hear Hear.

Edit : typo

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    I think insults should be kept at the minimum. As much as someone disagrees with a thought, or as much as someone may dislike a person, they should try to avoid insulting. I think that shows a great deal of strength in a person, being able to hold your temper back.
    (You know who you are)

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Poster
    "Oh and by the way, you know who you are. "

To clarify - I was referring to the chaps for whom I have respect and whose opinion I value. The ones I listen to when they say I went too far. Thanks for that.

Chaps like MrC who rightly chastised me.

Thank you.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Ok... misunderstood

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by johnboy@29 March 2003 - 02:05
    Ok... misunderstood
    Not unexpected

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Anger online? LMAO&#33; Cept for certain sensitive subjects of course.

However, what can I persoanlly say, sometimes people NEED to get flamed in order to better understand that it isn&#39;t just the internet and one cannot say whatever they want. Just my opinion, but of course I started at gaming sites which tend to be more hostile.

I wonder though how I never got into it with JmiF? Oh well only time will tell.....

J/K.

-SJ™

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by JmiF+28 March 2003 - 20:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 28 March 2003 - 20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--johnboy@29 March 2003 - 02:05
    Ok... misunderstood
    Not unexpected [/b][/quote]
    ROFL

Sorry, maybe I should do like everyone else and not drink and post. Seems funny now, but maybe not in the morning??

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Originally posted by RPerry@29 March 2003 - 02:50
    ROFL

Sorry, maybeI should do like everyone else and not drink and post. Seems funny now, but maybe not in the morning??
    Well it&#39;s only when you insult and flame and degrade that it makes the next day hard to deal with. You have no idea how many people I have pissed off over time online when all I way doing was being drunk and trying to be funny.

Don&#39;t drink and post?

0_o

-SJ™

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by SuperJude™+29 March 2003 - 02:54--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ 29 March 2003 - 02:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RPerry@29 March 2003 - 02:50
    ROFL&nbsp;

Sorry, maybeI should do like everyone else and not drink and post. Seems funny now, but maybe not in the morning??
    Well it&#39;s only when you insult and flame and degrade that it makes the next day hard to deal with. You have no idea how many people I have pissed off over time online when all I way doing was being drunk and trying to be funny.

Don&#39;t drink and post?

0_o

-SJ™ [/b][/quote]
    I think not baby puppy.

That would be like saying don&#39;t drink when you go to the pub with your mates. You might offend someone.

Really, quelle surprise.

PS If I start a thred entitled "Dealing With Offencive Spelling" will it get moved to the Lounge

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast