Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing With The Offencive Minority.

Mr. Holmes,

Not sure if were ever passed posts, but it is good to know that You one of few that have a consistant and objective exchange of possitive and constructive replys to this board.

on the lighter side, Do these issues that were discussed in the above post resemble any other Large group that has to deal with making everybody happy.

Glad to see your hat hangin' again, friend.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Sherlock_Holmes
    Originally posted by JmiF@29 March 2003 - 02:00
    "Oh and by the way, you know who you are. "

To clarify - I was referring to the chaps for whom I have respect and whose opinion I value. The ones I listen to when they say I went too far. Thanks for that.

Chaps like MrC who rightly chastised me.

Thank you.
    Yes - even i missread that line. Now you see how important it is to read through posts more than once before replying - the light gets brighter with each pass and the fog clears. This is one of the drawbacks with forums - you cant see or hear the other individual and missunderstandings occur very frequently - probably one of the reasons there have been some tiffs as of late

WebCheF
    Mr. Holmes,

Not sure if were ever passed posts, but it is good to know that You one of few that have a consistant and objective exchange of possitive and constructive replys to this board.

on the lighter side, Do these issues that were discussed in the above post resemble any other Large group that has to deal with making everybody happy.

Glad to see your hat hangin' again, friend.
    Thank you for your kind words. My hat and stalker will be hanging here often
    I am however interested in knowing which other "Large Group" you are reffering to, as there are so many?

Peace
    S.Holmes

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by Sherlock_Holmes+29 March 2003 - 10:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sherlock_Holmes @ 29 March 2003 - 10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@29 March 2003 - 02:00
    "Oh and by the way, you know who you are. "

To clarify - I was referring to the chaps for whom I have respect and whose opinion I value.&nbsp; The ones I listen to when they say I went too far. Thanks for that.

Chaps like MrC who rightly chastised me.

Thank you.
    Yes - even i missread that line. Now you see how important it is to read through posts more than once before replying - the light gets brighter with each pass and the fog clears. This is one of the drawbacks with forums - you cant see or hear the other individual and missunderstandings occur very frequently - probably one of the reasons there have been some tiffs as of late
    [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s without even making allowances for cultural or socio - economic diversity.

It&#39;s like conversation in real life. For some people the time you are talking is just a space for them to think what they are going to say next.

Oh and you definiteley know who you are old man. Or at least I thought you did. How&#39;s the arch-enemy getting on.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Ignorance deserves ignoring :so why take the bait ?
    Some ppl will probably never learn or even want to.

as to what SJ suggests :not a cool idea PM-ing 1 on 1 to offenders (except by mod-team)
    It serves no purpose (maybe only letting of steam) and can backfire.
    Save your energy. :-"

We are nearing the 15000-members count so that makes for a lot of mixed ideas&#33;

@JmiF : Is this the real Sherlock (didn&#39;t prof Moriarty get him?)

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by ToraBoraDweller@29 March 2003 - 11:05
    As I recall, remembering I am 76 now. It was left unresolved.

The ultimate cliff hanger so to speak.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Originally posted by JmiF+29 March 2003 - 11:11--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 29 March 2003 - 11:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ToraBoraDweller@29 March 2003 - 11:05
    @JmiF :&nbsp; Is this the real Sherlock (didn&#39;t prof Moriarty get him?)

The ultimate cliff hanger so to speak. [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re too energetic for your age&#33; Or do you have a double identity?
    This would make a case for Sherlock_Holmes(welcome back from that watery grave )

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by ToraBoraDweller+29 March 2003 - 11:24--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ToraBoraDweller @ 29 March 2003 - 11:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JmiF@29 March 2003 - 11:11
    <!--QuoteBegin--ToraBoraDweller
    @29 March 2003 - 11:05

This would make a case for Sherlock_Holmes(welcome back from that watery grave ) [/b][/quote]
    Did he fall or was he pished.

Or maybe ........ dum dum dumdum.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Sherlock_Holmes
    Originally posted by ToraBoraDweller+29 March 2003 - 11:24--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ToraBoraDweller @ 29 March 2003 - 11:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JmiF@29 March 2003 - 11:11
    <!--QuoteBegin--ToraBoraDweller
    @29 March 2003 - 11:05

This would make a case for Sherlock_Holmes(welcome back from that watery grave )[/b][/quote]
    Sorry to dissapoint you all, but here is a summary of that occasion:

On Monday, April 27, 1891, Scotland Yard acts upon my word to bring down the whole of Professor Moriarty’s syndicate, with the exception of two men: Professor Moriarty and Sebastian Moran, who have followed me to Europe. I sent Moriarty to his death in a struggle on the cliffs of Reichenbach Falls, only to be hunted by the assassin Sebastian Moran. I then fled to Europe.

I am of course alive and well to tell the tale.

But my fiendish friends, you are way ahead of yourselves here - the tale has only just begun, we are still in chapter 1 of this cunning saga. Patience is a virtue and will be rewarded as such.

The game is afoot&#33;&#33;

Peace
    S.Holmes

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Originally posted by ToraBoraDweller@29 March 2003 - 10:05
    Ignorance deserves ignoring :so why take the bait ?
    Some ppl will probably never learn or even want to.

Well a couple of days ago i would have agreed with this, but after the last couple of days that i have had on this forum, im afraid ive changed my views somewhat, just look at the cm4 thread in games/verifieds and the cm4 patch thread in gamesworld and you will know what i am taliking about.

And just to put it into context before all of this started i even offered to let him into my FTP to get the game, but i soon put a stop to that

If someone is just being stupid or doesnt understand then i will try to help them out, and i think i dont a good job in the first thread, but im afraid my temper got the better of me in the 2nd one and i blew my top at him

But there has been a few ppl on this board that have backed my actions including some of the mods, so i dont feel like i acted like the bad guy in this one.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Poster
    New Scotland is a yard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast