Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Dealing With The Offencive Minority.

Poster
    Originally posted by stoi+29 March 2003 - 11:47--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stoi @ 29 March 2003 - 11:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ToraBoraDweller@29 March 2003 - 10:05
    Ignorance deserves ignoring :so why take the bait ?
    Some ppl will probably never learn or even want to.

Well a couple of days ago i would have agreed with this, but after the last couple of days that i have had on this forum, im afraid ive changed my views somewhat, just look at the cm4 thread in games/verifieds and the cm4 patch thread in gamesworld and you will know what i am taliking about.

And just to put it into context before all of this started i even offered to let him into my FTP to get the game, but i soon put a stop to that

If someone is just being stupid or doesnt understand then i will try to help them out, and i think i dont a good job in the first thread, but im afraid my temper got the better of me in the 2nd one and i blew my top at him

But there has been a few ppl on this board that have backed my actions including some of the mods, so i dont feel like i acted like the bad guy in this one. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s a bit harsh.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    whats harsh, the way i blew my top at him, i dont think so jim, have you read both threads in there entirety, or just looked at the last thread, or not even looked at any.

If you meant something else then please explain yourself as not everyone on this forum are mind readers you know.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    Poster
    Originally posted by stoi@29 March 2003 - 11:52
    whats harsh, the way i blew my top at him, i dont think so jim, have you read both threads in there entirety, or just looked at the last thread, or not even looked at any.

If you meant something else then please explain yourself as not everyone on this forum are mind readers you know.
    It&#39;s a phrase I use. You have to read it in context. It&#39;s intended as irony. It was intended to mean the exact opposite of the words normal meaning. i.e. supporting you in a (humourous) way. I have never felt inclined to actually say I was joking, I always hoped it was self-explanatory. In this case I obviously failed.

Sorry for any offence. It was just a light hearted comment. You don&#39;t know me well enough to have understood it. An error in judgement on my part. I will remeber that for our future dealings.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    it fine jim, ive seen you post that before but never understood why until now, thanx for enlightning me.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    @Stoi : I gave up after reading halfway through the second page (now 10 pages ? )
    there comes a moment when all has been said,so why continue that thread?
    I find this forum much more enjoyable when I am selective :there are areas where I
    almost never come except when I get the feeling I might learn something (like dvelopment &filesharing)

@Sherlock_Holmes :I have it on good authority that although prof Moriarty took a dive he
    still survived and is plotting HIS comeback.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    Sherlock_Holmes
    Originally posted by JmiF@29 March 2003 - 11:47
    New Scotland is a yard
    JimF - well, not to offend the Northern brothers i have laid out a small account here of its history. I am, as you must be aware of, fully knowledgable of NSY:

Scotland Yard, headquarters of the London Metropolitan Police. The term is often used, popularly, to refer to one branch, the Criminal Investigation Department (CID). Named after a short street in London, the site of a palace used in the 12th century as a residence of visiting Scottish kings, it became London&#39;s police center in 1829.
    New and separate headquarters for the Metropolitan Police were built in 1890, (this was around the time i finally laid my hands on the first key i had to the elusive Professor Moriarty’s organization) along the Thames embankment and were referred to as New Scotland Yard. In 1967, New Scotland Yard moved to new headquarters, also in the Westminster area.

ToraBoraDweller
    @Sherlock_Holmes :I have it on good authority that although prof Moriarty took a dive he
    still survived and is plotting HIS comeback.
    Yes, i am aware of that fact - but as i mentioned earlier - you are way ahead of the story

Peace
    S.Holmes

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    Poster
    Originally posted by stoi@29 March 2003 - 12:04
    it fine jim, ive seen you post that before but never understood why until now, thanx for enlightning me.
    Irony

the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    Poster
    Sherlock

We can do the old joke - the last time you replied was in a previous life.

Does anyone know if there is an irony board.

Only Sherlock allowed to reply, you are all warned.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    Originally posted by JmiF+29 March 2003 - 11:12--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 29 March 2003 - 11:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--stoi@29 March 2003 - 12:04
    Irony

the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance [/b][/quote]
    I know what irony means JimF, i just never understood why you would post thats a bit harsh to a thread, when realy you mean the complete opposite. and for those that dont realy look at your posts (no offence) and you reply to those ppl this way, is it any wonder they get the wrong end of the stick, so to speak.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    Poster
    Originally posted by stoi+29 March 2003 - 12:19--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stoi @ 29 March 2003 - 12:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JmiF@29 March 2003 - 11:12
    <!--QuoteBegin--stoi
    @29 March 2003 - 12:04

Irony

the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance
    I know what irony means JimF, i just never understood why you would post thats a bit harsh to a thread, when realy you mean the complete opposite. and for those that dont realy look at your posts (no offence) and you reply to those ppl this way, is it any wonder they get the wrong end of the stick, so to speak. [/b][/quote]
    None taken.

The definition wasn&#39;t intended for you. Not everyone is as obviously literate as your good self, so I wanted them to understand what we were talking about.

However it was wonderfully egocentric of you to think that I had posted it for your edification.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast