Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Dealing With The Offencive Minority.

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i just presumed, wrongly on my part, that as you quoted me and then wrote down the definition or irony, it was for my benefit only. I also presumed, wrongly, that the quote option, was for that reason, to reply directly to the person that you quoted.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    Sherlock_Holmes
    Originally posted by JmiF@29 March 2003 - 12:14
    Sherlock

We can do the old joke - the last time you replied was in a previous life.

Does anyone know if there is an irony board.

Only Sherlock allowed to reply, you are all warned.
    he he - well, you have me there, so you will have to enlighten me this time my friend
    There is however a yard in Scotland!

But as you are fully aware, Sherlock very rarely put pen to paper about his own exploits -- thats a clue! You know the methods!

Only JimF is allowed to answer this time - you have been advised !

Peace
    S.Holmes

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53
    Originally posted by Sherlock_Holmes+29 March 2003 - 10:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sherlock_Holmes @ 29 March 2003 - 10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@29 March 2003 - 02:00
    "Oh and by the way, you know who you are. "

To clarify - I was referring to the chaps for whom I have respect and whose opinion I value.&nbsp; The ones I listen to when they say I went too far. Thanks for that.

Chaps like MrC who rightly chastised me.

Thank you.
    Yes - even i missread that line. Now you see how important it is to read through posts more than once before replying - the light gets brighter with each pass and the fog clears. This is one of the drawbacks with forums - you cant see or hear the other individual and missunderstandings occur very frequently - probably one of the reasons there have been some tiffs as of late

WebCheF
    Mr. Holmes,

Not sure if were ever passed posts, but it is good to know that You one of few that have a consistant and objective exchange of possitive and constructive replys to this board.

on the lighter side, Do these issues that were discussed in the above post resemble any other Large group that has to deal with making everybody happy.

Glad to see your hat hangin&#39; again, friend.
    Thank you for your kind words. My hat and stalker will be hanging here often
    I am however interested in knowing which other "Large Group" you are reffering to, as there are so many?

Peace
    S.Holmes [/b][/quote]
    Just poke&#39;n fun bout&#39; the U.N. coming together and being one. LOL.

No hostile intent ment towards any part of the U.N. I was trying to use a comparison of the coments from all members, mods, etc.Changings rules, makking rules when someone isn&#39;t happy

(Don&#39;t like it, Don&#39;t reply to it)

One doesn&#39;t have control of the actions made by another. But one does have control of their own reaction to the others action.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    Poster
    Originally posted by stoi@29 March 2003 - 12:39
    i just presumed, wrongly on my part, that as you quoted me and then wrote down the definition or irony, it was for my benefit only. I also presumed, wrongly, that the quote option, was for that reason, to reply directly to the person that you quoted.
    To err is human - to forgive divine. You are excused.

This is great. We have invented polite flaming.

Official - Top Man of the Day award Stoi.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    Poster
    Originally posted by Sherlock_Holmes+29 March 2003 - 12:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sherlock_Holmes @ 29 March 2003 - 12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@29 March 2003 - 12:14
    Sherlock

he he - well, you have me there, so you will have to enlighten me this time my friend
    There is however a yard in Scotland&#33;

But as you are fully aware, Sherlock very rarely put pen to paper about his own exploits -- thats a clue&#33; You know the methods&#33;

Only JimF is allowed to answer this time - you have been advised &#33;

Peace
    S.Holmes[/b][/quote]
    As I recall there was an offer of an Ironing Board in it&#39;s stead.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    Sherlock_Holmes
    Originally posted by JmiF+29 March 2003 - 12:49--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 29 March 2003 - 12:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Sherlock_Holmes@29 March 2003 - 12:41
    <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF
    @29 March 2003 - 12:14
    Sherlock

There is however a yard in Scotland&#33;

But as you are fully aware, Sherlock very rarely put pen to paper about his own exploits -- thats a clue&#33; You know the methods&#33;

Only JimF is allowed to answer this time - you have been advised &#33;

Peace
    S.Holmes
    As I recall there was an offer of an Ironing Board in it&#39;s stead. [/b][/quote]
    Damn - your memory is good&#33;&#33;
    It was also SideSwiped who made that comment: I have an ironing board if that helps..........
    (I cheated of course and did a search) That was a deliberate knock at those who dont bother

Peace
    S.Holmes

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    Poster
    Hey give me a break, I am 76 after all.

It´s similar to the old Marx Brothers one.

"There aint no sanity clause ....."

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    Not Unexpected,whatever you say Jim

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    Poster
    Originally posted by johnboy@29 March 2003 - 18:45
    Not Unexpected,whatever you say Jim
    Thanks for that. The support is always appreciated.

Any update on the ES5 resuming downloads BTW.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #60
    It was sarcasm.
    Yes the resume is working I believe

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast