Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: schools allowing creationism

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by J P Fugley
    Oh and it's my feckin business what is taught in the school my children attend. It is not a matter for others to impose their PC, only teach that which is scientifically provable. Please feel free to educate your children in any way you see fit. I will do the same.
    Quite true..

And the right of the Hindu, Muslim, Jew, Shinto, Buddhist, Pagan and all the rest of the town...that all pay their Taxes.

Tell me; after fulfilling all the religious needs of the community, without catering to just one...what time is actually left to teach the subjects that they will need.

EDIT:

My comments re RE( ) in schools was more in response to this whole "religion has no place in schools" position that I was seeing. It is something which I fundamentally disagree with. It has no place being imposed, agreed. However it has a place where it is what the parents want.
    I had also said that they should teach RE, so that people dont discriminate or insult other religions/cultures unknowingly. That is not the same as teaching the Bible, which i disagree with. I remember in my 1st year of School handing the Bible i was given back to the Teacher, and getting a right old bollicking...

Why? 'Coz i wasnt a Christian and didnt want to be taught the Christian Scriptures. It was my opinion then and still is, that it is none of the schools business what Religion i am, and they shouldnt forcefeed me the religion of the RE teacher
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 11-07-2004 at 06:47 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    religion dosnt belong in public schools.

if you want your kids to learn there religion send to a catholic or jewish or what ever school.

personally im only in a catholic school casue my friends are there, and the scheice teachers love proving the bible wrong

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    teaching RE in regards to differing religions and their beliefs is fine...i agree with this as a way to promote tollerance... but teaching actual scriptures i have a problem with. teaching this is wrong or this is right "because God says so" i disagree with.
    Parents don't have to take their kids to a religious school for religious education. Certainly here there are plenty of bible classes in the evenings and weekends where if parents wish the child can learn.

I am an athiest.... my son is not...the other 2 are too young to understand. I have tollerance for anyone that has religious beliefs..with ONE exception...when they try to force those beliefs on others.
    I will never tell someone that god doesn't exist even though i don't believe he does. Nobody can prove god exists...nobody can prove he doesn't.
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-07-2004 at 07:05 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    oh no..... i am sure he doesn't exist...i just have tollerance of others believing
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-07-2004 at 07:27 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    If you are an athiest and there is a god, you will probably rot in hell
    If you beleive in god but there isnt a god nothing really will happen to you.

better to stay on the safe side

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam-King

so you think of faith as insurance?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    yup,

well I just cant beleive that we are born and then we die and thats it.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam-King

If there is a God, then im sure he wouldnt suffer from the Cardinal Sin of Pride to such an extent that he would demand he be worshipped or even believed in.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    If there is a God, then im sure he wouldnt suffer from the Cardinal Sin of Pride to such an extent that he would demand he be worshipped or even believed in.
    never heard that one before.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    dosnt it say in the bible or something the our god is a very jealous god

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast