Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: schools allowing creationism

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam-King
    dosnt it say in the bible or something the our god is a very jealous god
    Dont you know?

If you dont know your God, then how can you call him your God?

The God your refering to is that described in the Old Testiment, and quite frankly, I fail to see how that nasty piece of work can be the same entity as the Love and Forgiveness guy in the New Testiment...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    so you think of faith as insurance?
    I think most people have religion as an assurance.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    I think most people have religion as an assurance.
    you could be right.

personally i am not worried about going to hell.... because it doesn't exist

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    you could be right.

personally i am not worried about going to hell.... because it doesn't exist
    Surely you mean that you dont believe it exists. You cant prove it exists, also you cant prove that it does not exist.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    for some one to beleive something exists you need proof, up to dat there has not been no proof

unless you have faith
    Last edited by Spam-King; 11-07-2004 at 08:33 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    He has faith that it doesnt exist...

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    i think someone should start a new topic, since this is going offtopic

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Rat

You appear to think that everyone who believes in God has some sort of 9 year old's perception of a big chap with a beard sitting on a cloud. The one which was presumably forced down your throat and which you unsurprisingly rebelled against.

This is not the case old bean, I think you may have rejected it at an early age and your perception of what God is or may be remained fixed at that point. That is entirely your prerogative and I would not try to change your view. However some people think differently.

The God I believe in created the universe in it's entirety. He does not suffer from pride or require external validation.
    As is your right..

I merely said that IF he/she/it exists, I cant believe that this entity would require or even want, to be worshipped the way mankind appears to wish.

How many people throughout history have died, just for worshipping this possible entity in a different way to those that killed them?

Im pretty sure, whatever your religion, that its precepts say that this shouldnt happen.

As a case in point:

Thou Shall not Kill...

A basic of most religions... and yet these same religions use their religion to war and kill each other.

I do not care if it was the Pope that ordered the Spanish Inquestion, or an Aytollah ordering a Jihad, or an American President that speaks to God and arranges an unjust war (as if war can be justified easily at any time).... to my mind they are evil, and betraying the very faith they espouse.

By their own doctrines.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 11-07-2004 at 08:50 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    If you think that His existance can neither be proven nor disproven how can you be sure he does not exist.

You can't prove he exists... I believe he doesn't but I can't give anything as evidence that a believer will accept as proof that he doesn't. it has to be an act of faith to believe in him.

It was thought that god made all animals as they are today...Darwin was proclaimed a heretic...today the view is that god made animals and they evolved after.... it doesn't matter what "theory" is used to disprove there will always be an adaptation to make god fit, because faith requires absolute faith...if it's not absolute then it's not faith it's suspicion

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Why does religion not belong in public schools. Is it not a subject which you feel worthwhile. As stated, a more general understanding of what other people believe may help obviate some of the bigotry.
    people go to public schools because

a) its the closest school
    b) they dont want their kids to be in a religious sorroundings, parents of the hindu faith normally dont want their kids saying catholic or jewish or what ever prayers.

religion does not belong in public schools

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast