Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: The Death of Fallujah

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Im just waiting for more women to be taken by the insurgents, and then kids...

Their own have been killed afterall, yet they've stuck to men and one woman
    I hope you're not suggesting that the war justifies kidnap and murder...

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    No matter that the terrorist regularly boobytrap near dead bodies so the near dead can blow up on command... I can see why he was shot.

EDIT: I'm insinuating that you are referring to the young marine who shot the wounded Iraqi in a mosque.
    doesn't make it right.... does it ?.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i can see how Riordan thinks purely based on his use of the word "terrorist" to describe the native fighters

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordan
    I'm not sure if you are aware that there was a half a year warning period for those civilians to get the hell out of there? Assistance provided.

No... of course not. Not that it would matter, you'd rather 10,000,000 civilian iraqis die by their own horrid leader then the evil doers and couple thousand civilians, right?

Why don't you go complain about cigarettes? They kill more innocent civilians then any american military can kill, and not to mention they are more evil. While you're at it, complain about countries that actually have big issues, like China.

The only reason Iraqis can drive, use cell phones, drink clean water, eat, and enjoy themselves is because of us. Isnt it amaizing how Iraq is the only other country that would have re-elected president Bush?
    This is, presumably, an impressionistic posting?

10,000,000? That is damn near 40% of the population. Where in the blue blazes does this nonsense come from? Or has a zero inadvertantly slipped in at the end?

Although it is true that the best cell phones are from Finland - you are Finnish right?
    Last edited by Biggles; 11-16-2004 at 07:10 PM.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    doesn't make it right.... does it ?.
    Having seen the clip a couple of times it would seem to me that the young soldier simply snapped. The unit leader was explaining to the cameraman that these were a few wounded insurgents that were awaiting collection when he started raving and cursing about one of them breathing. The other soldiers appeared dumb struck as he simply raised his gun and shot the man. The NBC crew (and the Iraqi insurgents) were gifted a scoop.

I don't believe it was cold blooded murder, I think the boy cracked.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Phlegm
    I hope you're not suggesting that the war justifies kidnap and murder...
    No.

The killing of any innocent is never justified, and 2 wrongs do not make a right it merely increases the problem.

I'm just putting myself in their shoes... we killed 1000's of their innocents; men, women and children... so far (until the last week or so) they have only taken men. Now a woman... how long before kids?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Could someone please explain something to me. During the second world war the French resistance were 'Freedom Fighters' yet the Iraqis who are trying to get rid of invaders are 'Insurgents'.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    No.

The killing of any innocent is never justified, and 2 wrongs do not make a right it merely increases the problem.

I'm just putting myself in their shoes... we killed 1000's of their innocents; men, women and children... so far (until the last week or so) they have only taken men. Now a woman... how long before kids?
    They probably have done.

It's not just American soldiers that kill civilians in battle.

But I'm glad that's not what you were implying. Misinterpreted the wording of the post.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #69
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    Could someone please explain something to me. During the second world war the French resistance were 'Freedom Fighters' yet the Iraqis who are trying to get rid of invaders are 'Insurgents'.
    Its because there are two seperate groups bigboab..

Resistance Fighters; with whom i have every sympathy.

Terrorists; that have nothing to do with Iraq, other than its a nice new battlefield to exploit and gain infamy from and no one other than people of their beliefs have any sympathy for...

So they use the word "insurgents" to cover basically anyone that gets shot that isnt in uniform... helps cover up how many civilians are killed too

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #70
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    Boab it is a halfway house.

Might be stretching it to call them all terrorists but Freedom Fighters sticks in the craw.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast