Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: The Death of Fallujah

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    So who shall die? a squad of marines or a terrorist? protecting one's self is not murder. I don't consider insurgents killing marines murder; it's warfare.

happy birthday, BTW, hope your having a ball
    Exactly why i dont see insurgents killing Marines as murder.. its warfare. (Unless they are injured and have already surrendered etc)

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    So who shall die? a squad of marines or a terrorist? protecting one's self is not murder. I don't consider insurgents killing marines murder; it's warfare.
    No one was protecting themselves. The "insurgent" was already half dead and captured. This isn't a firefight, it's killing a pow.

The kid lost his shit and killed a pow. Sometimes the line between right and wrong gets very fuzzy when you're asked to kill most anything that moves within a city. It's called a free fire zone, and it's against the Geneva Conventions, as is killing pows.

The kid will probably be messed up about this for a very long time, he shouldn't have been back, but then, we shouldn't be in there should we?
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Exactly why i dont see insurgents killing Marines as murder.. its warfare. (Unless they are injured and have already surrendered etc)
    Likewise, having already been detained and awaiting collection and then being shot in front of a camera while someone is demonstrating to an embedded reporter how prisoners are humanely dealt with.

Manny have you seen this clip? The boy sounded stressed and on the edge.

Of course crap things happen during Wars (although technically GW ended the War May 03), this one is just not a good thing to have happen at this juncture. Instead of calming the situation it has merely inflamed it.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    I have just seen the clip...yes he does indeed seem stressed...
    The squad, though, was on the move, actively looking for insurgents thought to have retook the mosque. I can see how one can percive him as a threat; especially if insurgents were thought to be there reciently to arm him with explosives (as they are known to do and have done).

Now, ultimately, I don't think that its right that he shot him, and with a camera being there, no less, but I can see why he did it and I am not too sure I can say I wouldn't do the same thing myself in his situation.
    Last edited by spinningfreemanny; 11-16-2004 at 11:35 PM.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    Just like i cant say that i wouldnt be shooting Marines, in their situation..

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    I can: I don't think I would believe in the insurgent's cause; instead opting for a free democratic Iraq.

Who knows though, I'm not Iraqi...
    Last edited by spinningfreemanny; 11-16-2004 at 11:45 PM.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #87
    Ah, so your less a Resistance Fighter, and more of a Collaborator... gotcha
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 11-16-2004 at 11:45 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #88
    ALLUJA, Iraq, Nov. 15 - When the owners of one house near the farthest southern boundary of this city return, they will find a crater 40 feet across and 8 feet deep, with one wall still standing and recognizable pieces of a ceiling strewn beside it. A broken kebab stand, its canopy collapsed, its two wheels exposed, leans over crazily into one lip of the crater.

The entire street in this district looks about the same. On Monday morning, after they had seemingly been crushed the day before, insurgents began firing from windows, bunkers and piles of rubble, setting off a five-hour gun battle. The street, once flat, has been hit with so many 500-pound bombs that it looks like the zone of collision between oceanic ice sheets, with huge dips and shelves of pavement and soil
    Source

Who are they supposed to build trust with?

How many families in this city, will not have lost loved ones to american bombs?

Way to be free...

9. The Drawing Room   -   #89
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Source

Who are they supposed to build trust with?

How many families in this city, will not have lost loved ones to american bombs?

Way to be free...
    Aww, RF, haven't you heard? Freedom isn't free! (unless you're not willing to uh, oh, never mind...)

Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789