Thread: Dvp642

I know alot of people have this unit.Just found out new firmware was released ver.1109 http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...at=&sct=&tmplt not sure of the changes haven't upgraded yet maybe tomorrow.Don't like to mess with firmware at night.ps the 630 has also been updated http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...at=&sct=&tmplt

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    I not going to upgrade, it works fine now
    if you have a problem playing x-vid movie, just hit the system button.
    works like a charm

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hmm. info is really scarce about this firmware update, so far.

this is the only specific comment i can find about it. from the afterdawn.com forums:
    Regarding the 1109 firmware. I just flashed my player successfully, and am wondering just what the "improvements" are. It fixes neither the occasional red/blue inversion problem nor the funky bleeding color problem when playing Xvid files. Not only that, but unless it's my imagination the quality of previously fine .avi files has actually degraded! I just watched a dvd full of 350MB DivX files which previously played great. After flashing to 1109 the picture appears noticeably darker and is jerkier than before. Tomorrow I'm calling Philips to see if I can go back to the 531 firmware, since this "upgrade" sucks. Anyone with a different experience please advise. Thx.
    might wanna hold off, till more comments come out to verify whether or not this is true.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    hmm. info is really scarce about this firmware update, so far.

this is the only specific comment i can find about it. from the afterdawn.com forums:

might wanna hold off, till more comments come out to verify whether or not this is true.
    Thanks for the comments 3RA1N1AC think I'll hold off for a while since I have no problems with my player with the 531 FW.