Thread: I did a very stupid thing this weekend...

Poster

Sick

I was rebuilding my pc and I managed to delete all the files off one of my hard disks, this was from within windows I selected all the directories and held shift and then delete.

This was all my movies/mp3s/digital camera piccys/savedgames etc etc etc

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!

Is there any way I can get these back, any programs people recommend?? I havnt done anything to the disk since deleting the files.

Thanks in advance

QP

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Harsh!'s Avatar n00b
    Theres lots of programs out there for recovering data(GetDataBack for NTFS) for example....
    It helps that you havent written any more data to the disk as that would possibly overwrite any recoverable data...
    I couldnt recommend personally a data recovery program, but Im sure theres lots of people who can....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    the best is
    ontrack easy recovery- http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoveryprofessional/
    if you can find a crk for it or pay

here is a free easy fast program - http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html
    (no install needed-u can run it from a floppy))-maybe its enough just using this one

youll need a partition or a zip drive or other hardrive to transfer files - acronis partition magic

edit just reread your post-id use ontrack since its so many files (itll be a pain in the ass undeleting them one by one
    Last edited by 100%; 11-08-2004 at 01:53 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I did something simular with pics...and this prog found them and some files I lost...pc inspector
    I hope this helps