Thread: LCD mod on the way.

Hey everyone, Hardwareworld is definately lacking in the modding department.
    So I'm just letting you know that I have a 16x2 char. LCD screen that uses Hitachi’s HD44780 chip on order
    I will be wiring it into a parallel port. I am going to mount it into an empty 5 1/4" drive bay cover.
    Will post pics as I go along.
    Not sure what to have it read yet though
    I am thinking either CPU and case temps, or scroll across the current mp3 that is being played....it's a tough choice.
    The LCD is backlit and is 2 lines, 16 haracters per line.
    Should be a nice little mod once I'm through.

Oh and as a few of you may have noticed I had taken a break from the forums for a while but am back now and you shall be hearing form me. Hopefully will post up a worklog of this mod, a new entire case mod, and a watercooled system log as well
    I've got a few ideas in my head that could turn out nice.
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    hardwareworld is just lackin posts in general........ but id love to see more mods (up til now we only really had clocker in that department )

love 2 c what u've got in store for us
    Last edited by Storm; 11-07-2004 at 09:39 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I had a nice thread about a graphics card mod I did. However I think it got lost somewhere along the way...
    I've still got the pics though, so here's something for viewing

Dropped temps drastically and was done using a stock AMD heatsink witha copper core, modded and cutted to the right size/shape. Then mounted using the clips shown in the pic with AS5.
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    if you get a program called lcd smartie, then it will allow all sorts of things to scroll on that lcd.

im currently planning one for a laptop mp3 player
    <insert signature here>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hey, dont chop your finger off with that fan

Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.