Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New PC for Christmas!

I dare someone to make a better all-around system then that for under 1G.
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 12-19-2004 at 04:06 AM.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    muchspl2
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    for a place to purchase all the stuff from, you can't go wrong with www.newegg.com . fast shipping & awesome prices.
    yea or zipzoomfly, they have been beating newegg lately with shipping and sometimes both shipping and price, need to shop around.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    So you can rip/burn 2 things at once.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    nsane's Avatar .
    400gb wtf you ganna need that for? heard of a dvd-rw?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    400 GB aint s*** I fill up this 160 I got usually in a week or 2.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    400 GB aint s*** I fill up this 160 I got usually in a week or 2.

you have him 2 dvd burner, 2 200gb hdd, but advice him to go for a celeron D?

to rip/burn dvd, you only need a dvd writer and a dvd reader...not 2 dvd writer...and burning 2 things at once isnt such a good idea if you're telling him to get a celeron D

although celeron D has great ocing potential, its not as good as a p4 out of the box...and with ocing, you need to buy better rams to deal with the high fsb and more fans for cooling. and even when its overclock, there is no garuntee it was perform as fast as a p4. it might be close in everyday task, but in gaming , the celly D will show its true face

EDIT: if you are going for bang for the buck, i would suggest dumping the celeron D and get a equivalent amd chip. Most sites on the net have confirm that for the same money spent on the celeron D, the amd chip that cost the same with be a better choice.
    Last edited by Mr. Elmo; 12-19-2004 at 05:27 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    muchspl2
    yea I would only get one burner and a good dvd player that can rip fast
    maybe better processer and/or more ram

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    don't forget a cool xbox controller for when your computer needs some downtime.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Elmo
    you have him 2 dvd burner, 2 200gb hdd, but advice him to go for a celeron D?

to rip/burn dvd, you only need a dvd writer and a dvd reader...not 2 dvd writer...and burning 2 things at once isnt such a good idea if you're telling him to get a celeron D

although celeron D has great ocing potential, its not as good as a p4 out of the box...and with ocing, you need to buy better rams to deal with the high fsb and more fans for cooling. and even when its overclock, there is no garuntee it was perform as fast as a p4. it might be close in everyday task, but in gaming , the celly D will show its true face

EDIT: if you are going for bang for the buck, i would suggest dumping the celeron D and get a equivalent amd chip. Most sites on the net have confirm that for the same money spent on the celeron D, the amd chip that cost the same with be a better choice.
    Have you testing the 2 out yourself? Then you can only go by others benchmarks. I would take that setup over an expensive P4 setup any day.

I used the dvd burner I posted yesterday and I ripped and burned a movie in 22 minutes.

If you're like me (burning games/movies non-stop), 2 is a great idea. And it wont screw up the burning having 2 going at a time with that setup.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast