Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New PC for Christmas!

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Ya, if you're like singa or me, you need every gb you can get ur hand on. I'm constantly burning dvd's/cds and i'm always checking my hd space (i have 2x200 gb's and 1x120gb, total=499 [after format and what not] and i'm using up about 376 gb at this moment).

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    Have you testing the 2 out yourself? Then you can only go by others benchmarks. I would take that setup over an expensive P4 setup any day.
    no, i have not "testing" the 2 system, but have you? But you cant tell me that a celeron D would out-perform a p4. I know that the results varies from benchmark to what you actually get on your system...but you can't tell me that every single benchmark of the celeron D comparing it to p4 and Amd is wrong. sure, it has a lot of potential for overclocking, at 3.8ghz, it manage to keep up with a p4 3.2ghz....but to be able to overclock a celeron D from 2.8 to 3.8....that requires a lot of cooling and great quality ram.

besides, there is no garunteed that you will be able to achieve that great of a overclock.

im not saying the celeron D is a bad processor, but if he wants a system for gaming, i think that a choice like a p4 2.4c would be a much better option.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    I have talked with many people in the OCers forums that have had a 2.66 OCed to over 4.0 on stock. So there should be no problem there. I cant remember what type ram they had though.

I cant find the damn benchmark they hard on tomshardware.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Personally I think you guys are taking the wrong approach.
    I always advise customers to put the bulk of their budget into the core components (CPU, board,RAM) and sort out the peripherals second.

Why in the world would you NOT go with a 64bit chip for a gaming machine?
    Get a gig of RAM and a decent board and you'll be set for a few years.

TWO DVD burners AND multiple HDDs?
    What for?
    If you can burn to disk why store on the machine also?

I notice that no one has mentioned a quality PSU either...I guess you want to trust the POS units typically included with lower end cases.
    Good luck with that.

I also see that the advocates of OCing a slower chip have failed to take into account the more elaborate cooling requirements that the OC will necessitate...tsk, tsk, boys. Singaboy has specced out RAM coolers (useless, IMO) and a HDD cooler, but apparently considers the stock CPU HSF capable of handling the increased output of a clocked processor...a dubious assumption, I think.

No OS is included in any of the proposals...have I missed the free MS giveaway?
    Why was I not informed?

Back to the drawing board.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    If you are gonna overclock a cpu high you need a good ram with a cas letency of 2-2-2-5 , http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...220-036&depa=0

BTW from what i've heard Celerons suck, get an Amd Athlon 64 bit 3000+ at 2.0 ghz , its only 150$ and these things can OC high. Better value for your buck HG , btw i know that you've ordered your pc... haven't you ?
    Last edited by Formula1; 12-19-2004 at 02:09 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Why does he even need a new pc, look at his sig...

@Singa - Your relying o much on that fac hat you hink everyone can OC su up o 4GHz, what if he ends up meling he chip, then what? the chip reuses o OC he's stuck with a shit pc.

OCing i think should only be done by those who know what hey are doing, hve read into it and ar using the right type of chip and above all else, Dont need to ask any help (to prove hey hve read ino it enough.)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    [QUOTE=peerzyboy]Why does he even need a new pc, look at his sig...

@Singa - Your relying o much on that fac hat you hink everyone can OC su up o 4GHz, what if he ends up meling he chip, then what? the chip reuses o OC he's stuck with a shit pc.QUOTE]
    What

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    [QUOTE=SingaBoiy]
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy

@Singa - Your relying o much on that fac hat you hink everyone can OC su up o 4GHz, what if he ends up meling he chip, then what? the chip reuses o OC he's stuck with a shit pc.QUOTE]
    What
    My T key doesnt work

Here this is what i ment:

@Singa - Your relying to much on the fact that you think everyone can OC up to 4GHz, what if he ends up melting the chip, then what? the chip refuses to OC, then he's stuck with a shit pc.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    My T key doesnt work

Here this is what i ment:
    lol, gotcha

This doesnt matter anyways, he's already getting his 64-bit 3500+ system. They stole $250 from him though

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman3
    don't forget a cool xbox controller for when your computer needs some downtime.
    Yea I'm still considering it. Although that PC does look kickass, Singaboiy, I already ordered my new PC (specs are in my sig).

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast