Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You gotta love Robin Williams

hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    You gotta love Robin Williams... Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan .. what we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin William's plan.(Hard to argue with this logic!)

I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan.

1.) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega,

Milosevic and the rest of those 'good ole boys,' We will never "interfere"again.

2.) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We

would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the fence.

3.) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave.

We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. France would welcome them.

4.) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be

allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more

cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5.) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6.) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise.

This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilder! ness. The caribou will

have to cope for a while.

7.) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8.) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9.) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10.) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan.

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You

want a piece of me?'"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    beautiful.

I've always had an affinity for Robin Williams humor and now I know why...
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Sorry, Robin, but you seem to be taking on the intellectualism of many of your characters.
    1.) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic and the rest of those 'good ole boys,' We will never "interfere"again.
    Stop throwing your toys out the pram and start thinking for yourself.
    Begin by including some less palatable 'help' such as Korea and Vietnam before assessing exacly how prompt with help the USA was during WWII - it was nice to make all that money from Lend-Lease before joining in, wasn't it?
    2.) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the fence.
    Yeah, not to mention Guantanamo Bay & good ol' Blighty, eh? Perhaps the Mexicans will appreciate the US' foreign nationals detention criteria more than the Iraqis/British et al.

Some may say that I have little right to argue my own 'rightness'; to those I point out that I don't have the platform of those such as Robin Williams from which to poison with my own twisted logic.
    Perhaps I'm missing a point, and it's sarcasm, albeit from an unusual source.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Well spotted Arm.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Robin Williams is an actor not a political activist. Of course many actors nowadays do get political but I never heard of Robin Williams being one of them.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette
    ....before assessing exacly how prompt with help the USA was during WWII
    But than again, if a certain duo of countries had been prompt if at all in living up to certain mutual defense treaties, WWII could have been averted all together.
    Last edited by Comic_Peddler; 11-09-2004 at 04:08 AM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    Robin Williams is an actor not a political activist. Of course many actors nowadays do get political but I never heard of Robin Williams being one of them.
    robin williams is an unapologetic dyed-in-the-wool san francisco liberal. he'd never write up something like... all of that. the quote at the end, which actually IS one of his jokes, is taken out of context so it sounds like he's supporting the anti-immigrant viewpoint rather than making fun of it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    You know, even if Robin Williams didnt write this...I agree with alot of what is said.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    williams gets pretty political in his "live on broadway" show...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast