Thread: Audio Questions

Duffman's Avatar Poster
    I recently go this logitech 5.1 surround sound set, and I thought I gotta find a way to hook it up to my computer, and to my xbox too, so my question is simple. How.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    plug the 3.5 mm plugs into the sound card's outputs (there's 3 of those wires, you gotta have a 5.1\6 channel soundcard which has 3 outputs).

the rca plugs on each speaker plug into the subwoofer, and the one big wire with an end that looks like a ps/2 plug plugs into your subwoofer as well.

then plug it into the wall.

to hook it up to the xbox you need an rca(female)-to-3.5mm(female) adaptor

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    I know how to hook it up, but not how to hook both up at the same time, and have some sort of switch over thing.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    shoulda explained more

well you could use 3.5mm to rca cable to plug xbox into your computer's line-in. then you can just play games and listen to music at same time. ( i like this way).

or buy\make some sorta switch... radio shack would have them.

isn't it kinda of obvious how to make a switch? if not then ill make a guide for you.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    So what your saying is you want me to think, thanks ass, =p. So lets plan this out the speakers came with a game thingy for xboxs etc. And into there goes 3.5mm jacks So If i get some 3.5 mm jacks and some speaker cable, and some DPDT switches,and solder the switches to the wires, so its like an ab thing.