Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GMail brings E-Mail Client Access to GMail

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    Y not just get the little email notifier in your system tray. No more signing in.
    because it still goes to the browser if you get a message.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #32
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    I've had the option for POP3 in my gmail account for a while, but I just don't use it.

I find it EXTREMELY annoying. Here are the reasons why:

1) I don't have a good email client I want to use (netscape mail isn't terrible, but I'm trying to get away from netscape to use opera. Don't talk me into using thunderbird. bleh), though I suppose the Opera client wouldn't be too bad.

2) When I did try using it in POP3 with thunderbird (i'd downloaded firefox/thunderbird to give them a go; didn't like em), in order to get all my messages on the POP3 account, I'd have to transfer over 1000 messages. Is that worth it?

3) I think it'd be cool to have a special GMail POP3 client. I sent them the suggestion, but I dunno if they're gonna make one. You guys should back me up and suggest a GMail POP3 client too by going to gmail help and clicking the suggestion link.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #33
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by david622
    I've had the option for POP3 in my gmail account for a while, but I just don't use it.

I find it EXTREMELY annoying. Here are the reasons why:

1) I don't have a good email client I want to use (netscape mail isn't terrible, but I'm trying to get away from netscape to use opera. Don't talk me into using thunderbird. bleh), though I suppose the Opera client wouldn't be too bad.

2) When I did try using it in POP3 with thunderbird (i'd downloaded firefox/thunderbird to give them a go; didn't like em), in order to get all my messages on the POP3 account, I'd have to transfer over 1000 messages. Is that worth it?

3) I think it'd be cool to have a special GMail POP3 client. I sent them the suggestion, but I dunno if they're gonna make one. You guys should back me up and suggest a GMail POP3 client too by going to gmail help and clicking the suggestion link.
    Most are happy just using thunderbird.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #34
    lynx's Avatar .
    You only need to do that if you actually want all the old messages downloaded. You can set it up so that only new messages are sent. The old ones are archived as usual.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    because it still goes to the browser if you get a message.
    So...?
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #36
    Poster
    Why? There are plenty of really good email clients out there already...

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #37
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    Yeah, but this one could have features like gmail has. For instance, it could automatically group conversations, etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234