Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: LimeWire

oscarxp's Avatar BLACK ANGEL PRODUCTIONS
    Firewall to firewall technology in the latest version of LimeWire? How does it work?

LimeWire clients detect what their capabilities are on startup. If they are firewalled but can accept solicited UDP then they are firewall transfer capable. This means that when they send out a UDP message to a host, they can receive UDP messages back from that host. These clients will indicate this capability in their searches and responses will come back from firewalled hosts that have this capability where they would otherwise not respond.

When a user tries to download from a firewalled host, it will send a special push message through the hosts Push Proxy (one of its direct ultrapeer connections). The downloader will then start sending special UDP SYN messages at the potential uploader. Once the firewalled uploader receives the push message, it will start sending special UDP SYN messages at the downloader. This normally makes firewalls and NATs open up to the traffic in both directions. When a SYN is received, an ACK is sent back. Once both sides have ACKed, they begin a reliable UDP based data communication. Internally, these UDP connections are then used the same way that a standard TCP based connection would be used to request chunks of a file and transfer the file contents."
    Black Angel Productions

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    Poster

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    thanks for the update. nsane is the best!

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Sorry people for the delay of new Limewire Pro, i was on holiday just updated to the latest version of Limewire Pro. So check it out on my site. . And Nsane thanks for the update.
    Black Angel Productions

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarxp
    Sorry people for the delay of new Limewire Pro, i was on holiday just updated to the latest version of Limewire Pro. So check it out on my site. . And Nsane thanks for the update.
    the limewire section in ur site isnt working

6. File Sharing   -   #46

Angry

Ive been in your site NSANE...got the stuffs in there..nice!!! LIMEWIRE PRO rocks!!

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by h121589
    the limewire section in ur site isnt working
    Like i said before my site uses java and also when you click on the Limewire pro button make sure that you dont use any Download Manager and use Internet Explorer for best results.
    Black Angel Productions

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    I have included a Direct Download Link for those who are having difficulities on my Website. This link has amazing speeds and should be updated when new versions come out.
    Black Angel Productions

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarxp
    I have included a Direct Download Link for those who are having difficulities on my Website. This link has amazing speeds and should be updated when new versions come out.
    thanks

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    nsane's Avatar .
    my sites updated with 4.2.4 pro

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast