Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: ermmm...dumb question....

  1. #1
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616

    Cool

    hehehe....
    why do i hear my psu switching on and off?
    like, i'm just sitting here f00kin around on the web, or whatever,
    and i hear it switch on and off, but the pc keeps goin....
    no shutdown or anything, i just hear that switch....
    like the sound it makes when i shut down the pc...

    is it possessed?

    so, why's it do that?
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    Maybe a fan or your hard disk is making noise?

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I also get quite a loud clicking noise every now and then???
    Weird, never have managed to work out what it is?
    I don't think it's my hard drive.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Maybe a fan or your hard disk is making noise?
    nah...
    its the switching sound you hear when you shut down, completely,
    when everything finally powers down and then you hear your PSU click off
    thats the sound its makin (not all the time, just evey once in a while)

    damn i wish i had a mic, i would record it
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,810
    Apart from the fan stopping (which would be an absence of noise), the PSU does not make any noise when it shuts down. On the other hand, as indicated by VB, the HD most certainly does make a noise as it brakes the disk when shutting down.
    .
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Apart from the fan stopping (which would be an absence of noise), the PSU does not make any noise when it shuts down. On the other hand, as indicated by VB, the HD most certainly does make a noise as it brakes the disk when shutting down.
    well...VB didnt exactly SAY that, but....

    so i got some bad disc brakes eh?
    damn midas fkd me again!

    hehe....ok seriously now....
    i always thought that was the power supply shutting down,
    cause its after everything has powered off...
    and i certainly dont wanna think that my HDD is braking during runtime...
    that cant be good can it?
    Last edited by FKDUP74; 11-12-2004 at 04:31 PM.
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    Time to make some backups.

    Beep beep beep.

    Maybe it's drum brakes.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by FKDUP74
    well...VB didnt exactly SAY that, but....

    so i got some bad disc brakes eh?
    damn midas fkd me again!

    hehe....ok seriously now....
    i always thought that was the power supply shutting down,
    cause its after everything has powered off...
    and i certainly dont wanna think that my HDD is braking during runtime...
    that cant be good can it?
    so you rather have your psu stop during runtime? that's even worst hehe

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Maybe it's drum brakes.
    hehehe
    man i coulda swore i got the anti-lock option too

    yeah, its way past time for me to make some backups anyway
    guess i could get started on that....but man oh man teh laziness

    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    Quote Originally Posted by FKDUP74
    hehehe
    man i coulda swore i got the anti-lock option too

    yeah, its way past time for me to make some backups anyway
    guess i could get started on that....but man oh man teh laziness


    Oh sure time to post on here ! But no time for laundry or the important things !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •