Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Linksys Port Forwarding , Major help please.

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    You need to give each pc it's own UNIQUE address on the lan. To do that the last bit (after the third ".") has to change.

It looks like your router has the address 192.168.1.1, so you can't use that for any of your pcs. So you could start numbering them 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3 etc. There is potentially a problem with that too, some DHCP servers don't check that the address they are giving out has not already been used, but you don't need to worry about that if you are using static addresses throughout.

I don't know where you got your copy of bittorrent, the usual defaults are 6881-6999, but as I've said these are blocked by many trackers. You should change bittorrent to use a much smaller range of ports (otherwise you are just wasting system resources), then set your router to forward those same ports.

You can use bittorrent on other pcs at the same time if you wish, but each pc also needs to use a unique range of ports so that you can forward the right ports to the right pc.

Alright so when i go to Control Panel > Network Connections > Right Click > Properties > Internet Protocol/Properties > For where it says ip adress, all i would have to put for the last digit , is make it 2 or 3 or 4 for each PC's , and that would give each of the pc in the network , its own unique IP ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Alright so when i go to Control Panel > Network Connections > Right Click > Properties > Internet Protocol/Properties > For where it says ip adress, all i would have to put for the last digit , is make it 2 or 3 or 4 for each PC's , and that would give each of the pc in the network , its own unique IP ?
    yep.
    the first three oclets should always be the same (like 192.168.0.x). and make sure those first three are the same as what you have now.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    alright thanks hopefully the port forwarding thing will work on my pc.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Omfg It freaking worked , the light in BT finally turned green , while it was behind a router. Thank you all so much for your great help, couldn't have done it without you all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123